Sign in to follow this  
-=RA=- DarkMan -Pvt-

Yet another ofp wish list!

Hi everyone!

I've been coming across a few posts with players' views on the longevity of OpFlash - my own opinion on this is that with all the mission editing and modding etc possible, this game will be around for a good while yet!

I've been playing since December 2001, and I feel I have only just scratched the surface of its potential - the general quality of the graphics and environments explains why the US government are so interested in adapting the idea for military use!

Anyway - I also found a preview of a game called Battlefield 1942 on GameSpy which was raving about the fact that battles could take place simultaneously on land,sea and in the air - for OFP players, this is no big news...

Along these lines, I thought it might be nice to suggest a couple of units that would be lovely in the game:

CH-130 Hercules transport plane

B52 bomber

Bear bomber

various US fighter planes : F16, FA18, F15, F14, Phantom etc

Russian MiGs

Submarines

Aircraft carriers

Battleships

More Russian small arms

Just a thought! What does everyone out there think?

Best wishes

DarkMan

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (-=RA=- DarkMan [Pvt] @ April 25 2002,08wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hi everyone!

I've been coming across a few posts with players' views on the longevity of OpFlash - my own opinion on this is that with all the mission editing and modding etc possible, this game will be around for a good while yet!

I've been playing since December 2001, and I feel I have only just scratched the surface of its potential - the general quality of the graphics and environments explains why the US government are so interested in adapting the idea for military use!

Anyway - I also found a preview of a game called Battlefield 1942 on GameSpy which was raving about the fact that battles could take place simultaneously on land,sea and in the air - for OFP players, this is no big news...

Along these lines, I thought it might be nice to suggest a couple of units that would be lovely in the game:

CH-130 Hercules transport plane

B52 bomber

Bear bomber

Russian MiGs

Submarines

Aircraft carriers

Battleships

More Russian small arms

Just a thought! What does everyone out there think?

Best wishes

DarkMan<span id='postcolor'>

CH-130 Hercules transport plane smile.gif

B52 bomber  mad.gif

Bear bomber  mad.gif

various US fighter planes : F16mad.gif , FA18mad.gif , F15mad.gif , F14mad.gif , Phantom mad.gif etc mad.gif

Russian MiGs  mad.gif

Submarines  mad.gif

Aircraft carriers  mad.gif

Battleships  mad.gif

More Russian small arms  smile.gif

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">CH-130 Hercules transport plane

B52 bomber

Bear bomber

Russian MiGs

Submarines

Aircraft carriers

Battleships

More Russian small arms<span id='postcolor'>

That is by far the dumbest list of units anyone could wish for ? Battleships ? Aircraft Carriers ?

It's an Infantry simulator not Jane's Navy game.

Units I wish :

1. 60mm man-portable Mortar system

2. Small arms (pistols like the M9)

3. Russian BTR series APC

4. portable SAM

That's all folks !

ok :

hercules:not bad but it would have limited use

bombers:its a small island, what the hell would they be any good for?

fighter planes:islands are to small, download that F16 addon from operationflashpoint.cz and you will see why this will not work

submarines:will not work as operationflashpoint engine doesn't do underwater

the aircraft carriers and battleships would be good as personally i think the sea units are far to limited, maybe you could walk around on the deck and fire your own weapon?

more russian small arms would be good to

The only "jet" aircrafts that I'd like to see added would be A-6 Intruder.

-It's only 140km/h faster than an A-10 (A-6 max is 563, the A-10 is 420)

-It's got a massive payload of bombs or rockets

-It was used in 1985.

I know the reasons why it shouldn't be used, such as it's Navy aircraft and it's deployed from a aircraft carrier, but none the less, it would be fun to bomb forests and villages with one. The A-10 is cool, but with the LGBs, it's almost too easy to hit targets dead on.

I'm looking forward to the Vietnam mod and it's A-1 Skyraider, with it's props and huge ammo load, it's going be fun dropping fire on charlie.

-=Die Alive=-