Sign in to follow this  
phoen!x

Light effects

hi,

I noticed that when the game stops to save it looks much better. No idea what happens then but the contrast is much higher. It is just one second.

I think this is because all the crappy light effects get turned off during the saving. Is it possible to restore this appearance and disable the light effects ?

For general info if anyone is searching etc. - there are a couple of mods that reduce the sunglare effect and there's a mod that allows you to control HDR and adjust the overall lighting level for each hour of the day. By control HDR I mean effectively disable it - not just reduce it to minimum like the mod that's available for OA that gives an option in the graphics settings menu.

It looks to me like ARMA2 V1.05 and 1.07 differ a bit from one another with regard to ppeffects colorcorrections in the various supplied missions (bootcamp, scenarios and campaign) - ie. in 1.05 colors were very washed out which could be tweaked by unpacking missions.pbo and making adjustments to the configs for colorcorrections - but 1.07 seems to have the colorcorrections disabled - so 1.07 looks more like the save screens already - so turning down gamma just about gives you the same look as the save screen.

If you take notice of the backgrounds between menus you can see the "old" washed out colour that's standard in 1.05

I've only had a quick look at OA and don't have it yet myself but it also "seems" to have colorcorrections disabled but is natively very yellow / tan.

I mean effectively disable it - not just reduce it to minimum like the mod that's available for OA that gives an option in the graphics settings menu.

Do you remember name of this mod?

it is one of kju's proper fixes