Sign in to follow this  
branzik

Tank under shooting

Hello:) For a long time we cant solve problem with "under shoting" our Tanks cant hit oppent for a longer distances still firing before him.

Has anybody idea where could be problem?

I have a similar problem, however the AI in my tank over shoot (they aim above the target even at close range), even with vanilla vehicles as targets.

Maybe its related.

I have a similar problem, however the AI in my tank over shoot (they aim above the target even at close range), even with vanilla vehicles as targets.

Maybe its related.

I have in ÄŒSA38 problem in ArmA I, ArmA II and too ArmA III , OFP version its OK :( I do not know what I'm doing wrong, Even if you enter the official weapon of ArmA and undershoot

Hello, Im trying to TOP this topic, becouse for us is still actual . :confused_o:

Same here. AI is shooting above the target, no matter the distance, even at short distance (40m here), AI is trying to shoot at the first helicopter from the left, but only hits the rotor sometimes.

2015-06-25_0001213uyr.jpgfiringissuee6rua.png

If you move the bullet lines parallel downwards to the 0/0/0 position of the tank, and then check the heigth of the lines at the helicopter, they are at the aimpointcenter where it should normally shoot. That means, that the AI does not use the memorypoints of the guns, or the view-memorypoint correctly for determining the aiming, but something else (which does not exist and therefore sits at 0/0/0). I'm suspecting that there is a specific memorypoint you need, which is somewhere deep in the system (hardcoded or baseclass) therefore using custom memory points is not possible.

I added "shotfromturret=1" to my weapon config. This fixed the aiming. HOWEVER it removed muzzleflash proxies and the light flash that appears when firing. Additionally, it ignored the multiple gun barrels of the turret and just shot from the middle.

I do not understand this behaviour at all, i thouroughly checked the AA tank and i have basically everything the same, apart from the memorypoint names.

Edited by X3KJ

Thank you for sharing you expirience. Strange is AI use MG on same tank without problem. But we are at external view and swich between MG and gun you can see how crosshair is moving up and down..

meh scratch that, i thought i found the issue but it was a false flag and it broke something else.

Edited by x3kj