Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL ArmA2.pbo and Flares Updated

Guest RKSL-Rock

We are pleased to release an update of the RKSL-Arma2.pbo which supports patch 1.05 Features:

RKSL Flares updates:

No new features added, in fact one has been removed. We've removed the flare launchers as a selectable weapon. You still have auto flares and the mapped key press. Selectable weapons, added to the systems overheads in MP and still suffered from some old MP reloading bugs. We don't inherit from the config anymore, instead were using Extended Event Handler dependencies with rksl-Arma2.pbo. This should help to prevent any config clashes with other addons. The other pbo's don't require the Extended Event Handler, but will support it, if installed.

As mentioned above, the flares will work as normal for auto fire and key presses. But the reloading is now handled differently. You have to be with 50m of a designated object. At the moment only the default Arma2 ammo trucks are supported:

• MtvrReammo
  • UralReammo_CDF
  • UralReammo_INS
  • KamazReammo

The ammo truck will have to be stationary and the aircraft with the aircraft on the ground and its engines turned off.

If the reloading is interrupted or the launchers have been full loaded, you will receive a hint detailing the current number of available flares.

If you want to add your own flare supply object class name, then update the following line in your init.sqf...or similar:

RKSL_FLARESUPPLY=RKSL_FLARESUPPLY+["MyClassName"];

NOTE - v2.02 Added support for the AH64D.

aug16_chaffflares_splash2.jpg

Version: .......................Release 2.0SE (ArmA2)

Developer: ....................RKSL Studios (http://www.rkslstudios.info/)

Publisher: ....................RKSL Studios (http://www.rkslstudios.info/)

OFP Ed Center Code: .......RKSL

Description: This addon adds the RKSL Flares system to all the BIS aicraft and now the AH-64D that comes with Patch 1.05

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Over the years we have offers of donations to help us keep going. We've always politely turned these down. But now we'd like you to show your appreciation of our work by donating anything you can afford to Help For Heroes. A charity that supports injured and wounded service men of the British Armed Forces.

http://www.justgiving.com/RKSLStudios

Regardless of whether you are British or not and you want to show your support for RKSL Studios please show it by donating anything you can afford to Help For Heroes.

Thank You and Have a good Christmas and New Year.

Rock and UNN of RKSL Studios.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. VERSION HISTORY

Version: Date: Notes:

2.02 24/12/09 Updated Version for Patch 1.05

BETA 2.01 25/09/09 ArmA2 Beta

BETA 2.00 16/08/09 ArmA2 Beta

2. CREDITS

Project Coordinators: UNN

Modeling: n/a

Textures: n/a

Cpp File: UNN

Scripting: UNN

Beta Testers: UNN,Rock,Styxx,bushLurker

Documentation: UNN

Producer: RKSL Studios

3. COPYRIGHT STATEMENT

The RKSL-Arma2.pbo addon is © 2008/09 RKSL Studios. All rights reserved.

By downloading this content you agree to the following End User License Agreement:

3.1 The content of the download is sole intellectual property of RKSL Studios and it's creators.

3.2 You shall in no way modify, repackage or reserve engineer any of the content of the .pbo files included in this download, without first receiving prior permission from RKSL Studios

3.3 You agree with this EULA that, should you modify said content without permission or otherwise breach this EULA, you are liable to prosecution in a UK Court of Law, under the Copyright Designs and Patents Act, 1988.

3.4 This content is provided for entertainment purposes. You may not use this addon for commercial, military or teaching/training purposes.

3.5 You may distribute the .pbo files within this download freely, so long as the .pbo files are unmodified (see 3.2), and the Readme File, including this EULA, is attached.

4. TERMS OF USE

The RKSL-Arma2.pbo addons (hereafter 'Software') contain units to be used in the PC DVD-ROM games "Armed Assault" (hereafter 'ArmA') and "Arma2". To use the Software you must agree to the following Conditions of use:

• RKSL Studios (hereafter 'RKSL') grants to you a personal, nonexclusive license to use the Software for the purpose of designing, developing, testing, and distributing non-commercial game content for ArmA.
  • Modification of the Software, in part or in whole, without written permission from RKSL is expressly prohibited.
  • Any military, commercial or educational exploitation of any game content created using the Software is expressly prohibited.
  • Reverse-engineering, or other conversion of the Software is expressly prohibited.
  • The Software may only be re-distributed in its entirety, complete with this "ReadMe" document.
  • The use of this software with VBS2,VBS1 or any BIA software is prohibited.

5. LEGAL DISCLAIMER

• The RKSL-Arma2.pbo addons are distributed without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
  • The RKSL-Arma2.pbo addons are not an official Addon or tool.
  • Use of the RKSL-Arma2.pbo addons. (in whole or in part) is entirely at your own risk.

6. DISTRIBUTING GAME CONTENT CREATED WITH THE ADDON

Please note that you do NOT require permission from RKSL to distribute game content (e.g. missions) created with the RKSL-Arma2.pbo addons, although RKSL does ask that you credit the addon(s) in any release documentation.

7. SUPPORT INFORMATION

RKSL Studios may provide limited support via the RKSL website (http://www.rkslstudios.info) when convenient for the RKSL Team. But RKSL regrets that it cannot provide any dedicated support to the end user. Please do not request support or advice directly via email, IRC or instant message.

8. REQUIRED ADDONS

9. INSTALLATION

Extract the contents of the RAR file into your C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA2 folder. Then either use a mod folder launcher or modify your start up link include the @RKSL Mod folder eg:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA2\arma.exe" -mod=@RKSL -nosplash

10. ADDED/SPECIAL UNITS

n/a

11. ADDON DESCRIPTION

RKSL-Arma2.pbo was designed to allow all our current and future systems to be easily applied to vanilla ARMA2 addons and any other addon that inherits from them. In theory any mission that uses ARMA2 addons, can now take advantage of these features without having to be repacked.

12. NOTES

Fixes 2.02 -

----Fixed "Invalid Crew error" in ArmA2 Patch 1.05.

----Added support for the AH64D.

Fixes 2.01

----- Fixed "Deleted content error"

------Support for the Extended Event Handler if installed.

Please report all bugs via the bugtracker:

http://www.rkslstudios.info/documentation/bug-tracker.html

DOWNLOADS:

Mirror #1 - RKSL Studios - RKSL_Arma2-BETA2-02.rar - 5Kb

Edited by RKSL-Rock

good idea with the donations page to a very good cause.

i just hope the mirrors like armaholic and the other will put a link to it.

all the best and hope you reach your total

Nice job Rock and good mention of a charity I'm honoured to support.

Should this mod be server/client side?

I'm having some trouble getting the flares to fire manually. I've assigned the hot key but it never works. In the example missions or if I try to use the flares with the Lynx and Puma I can't seem to get the hot key to do anything. The AI seems to fire the flares perfectly, it's just myself that can't. I may be setting it up wrong but I'm surprised I can't do it in the example missions. Anyone else having this trouble?

Also I've read in the new version that the flares aren't selectable anymore, I believe via F key, but if I recall the example mission still says you can. Is that just a mistake in the missions init?

Guest RKSL-Rock
I'm having some trouble getting the flares to fire manually. I've assigned the hot key but it never works. In the example missions or if I try to use the flares with the Lynx and Puma I can't seem to get the hot key to do anything. The AI seems to fire the flares perfectly, it's just myself that can't. I may be setting it up wrong but I'm surprised I can't do it in the example missions. Anyone else having this trouble?

Also I've read in the new version that the flares aren't selectable anymore, I believe via F key, but if I recall the example mission still says you can. Is that just a mistake in the missions init?

Did you use option 20 for the key bind?

No, the flares aren't selectable anymore. We had to do this for several technical reasons that's best left to UNN to explain. I'll only confuse everyone :(

Its probably better to ignore the original examples, so much has changed in the code now that the examples probably wont work as planned anymore. UNN and I will take a look at it and maybe release some samples when the "Turkey and Stuffing" effect wears off. :D

Did you use option 20 for the key bind?

No, the flares aren't selectable anymore. We had to do this for several technical reasons that's best left to UNN to explain. I'll only confuse everyone :(

Its probably better to ignore the original examples, so much has changed in the code now that the examples probably wont work as planned anymore. UNN and I will take a look at it and maybe release some samples when the "Turkey and Stuffing" effect wears off. :D

Yes I tried to use a few different keys and buttons for option 20. Do I need to do anything else to use the flares manually with your heli's? No rush on the example missions. Enjoy the effects! :)

Thanks again and Merry Xmas to you guys.

What I discovered was that flares only worked for me if I mapped the key to the keyboard. I've got a Saitek Cyborg Evo joystick and the flares won't work if mapped to any button on that.

Kind of a shame as I don't want to be reaching for a certain key on my k/b when it's urgent. Can this be fixed? as the flares are great :D

Installed everything and only the flares seem to work on the Lynx. Anything i'm doing wrong?

What I discovered was that flares only worked for me if I mapped the key to the keyboard. I've got a Saitek Cyborg Evo joystick and the flares won't work if mapped to any button on that.

Kind of a shame as I don't want to be reaching for a certain key on my k/b when it's urgent. Can this be fixed? as the flares are great :D

JoyToKey

Work's well on my Cyborg Evo. I use it for eject, weapon switch, autohover on/off and mumble transmit all done from joystick.

JoyToKey

Work's well on my Cyborg Evo. I use it for eject, weapon switch, autohover on/off and mumble transmit all done from joystick.

Thanks Tankbuster, I was going to use Pilfius and just say "flares" but I'd rather use a joystick button. Now I can :)

Guest RKSL-Rock
Installed everything and only the flares seem to work on the Lynx. Anything i'm doing wrong?

Assuming you want to have flares on the BIS aircraft you need to have rksl-arma2.pbo installed together with Extended Event Handlers.

The latter is part of the Community Base Addons, or you can get just the file you need here

Yeah I forgot to post that quirk in the notes. For some reason you cant user the custom key mapping with DX joystick mapping. You need to map it to a real key or program a macro for your stick.

Edited by RKSL-Rock

Lord_MDB;1525701']we can reload the Flares by ver. 2.02 ?

Yes you have to land the helicopter, within 50 meters of a stationary Ammo truck and turn the aircrafts engine off.

Assuming you want to have flares on the BIS aircraft you need to have rksl-arma2.pbo installed together with Extended Event Handlers.
Thanks, that did it. :).