Sign in to follow this  
A_Papa

Graphics problem on 4890 VaporX.

Hi All,

I need your help as after changing VGA (8800 GTS-> 4890 VaporX 1GB) and running ArmA I get this:

armaerror.jpg

I had no problem with my former card.

The driver is the latest version, patch is 1.16b

My OS is Vista 64bit

I try uninstall ArmA but... :(

I have no problem with any other kind of games.

Any suggestion on this matter?

Thanking you, A_Papa

Edited by A_Papa

Let me guess...you've got 4 or more GB of memory?

You might want to try this:

In the Start menu you will see "Start Search". In that field type msconfig

Now when you have "msconfig" opened do the following...

In the "Boot" tab goto "Advanced Options" now check the "Maximum Memory" box. Once its checked, it should say 4096. Changed that to 3072. Click "Ok" then in the main window click "Apply" it should now ask you to restart your PC. Once you PC has restarted you will see you have 3GB memory.

This will limit your total memory to about 3GB - unfortunately. You patched up to 1.14 before installing the 1.16b patch, right?

Edited by DesertJedi

This doesn't happen with Win 7 64 bit, Vista issue apparently and DX10? dropping memory as suggested from above post and my finding seem to point to taking out ram or limiting available RAM. Then again some people with 1.16 beta dont have the problem, but not always the case.

64-bit Windows Vista with 4GB RAM, black loading screen

* Until either Bohemia Interactive, Microsoft or the Video Card producers come up with a solution, you can workaround this problem by limiting your System Memory to 3GB by a simple change of settings and a reboot:

o Press windowskey+R, and run msconfig

o At the boot tab, pick advanced options and put maximum memory to 3072

o Reboot

o You can also revert the setting by above method to get your full 4GB back

* More methods might be listed soon, together with a method to get a selection screen at system boot up to pick "Normal Operation" and "Limited to 3GB"

* More info on boot parameters available below, in the section

Thank you for your reply, :)

I have got 6 GB of memory.

My ArmaA is downloaded version with 1.08

I used 1.14 and 1.16b pathes.

I had no problem with my former card (8800 GTS 640MB) with 6 GB of memory.

Very interesting.. :)

This is VGA problem?

Thanking you, A_Papa

I had the same problem when lauching first time this game when Xfire was on and in-game features were allowed. So if you use Xfire close it or disaple xfire in-game and then lauch Arma. I quess that problem were caused by low resolution. After chaning resolution to a same as desktop it worked fine with Xfire in-game enabled.

I have crossfire of xfx 4890, and in A1 if game with cross activated, fps lowers to me and is impossible to play: s, however if I leave a card working, game without problems.

I believe that if, the problem must be of the mark VAPOR, law that those cards did not leave good and gave errors of makes.

greetings