Sign in to follow this  
L3dZ3P

1.03 Patch Failure

Any help appreciated on this guys....game was running fine for me then I decide to install the new patch, now it wont run.

During the patch install I got this error

armainstallerror.jpg

Clicked Retry a few times but kept popping up same...then selected skip.

So when I tried to start the game it then shows this message and crashes to desktop

armaerrorstartinggame.jpg

Have tried to reinstall the patch a few times and now see this error as I try to patch

armaerrorafterreapplyingpatch.jpg

Also tried downloading patch from 3 other locations with same results ... any ideas?

Have latest direct X and display drivers installed (190.38) Also, it is a paid for game unlike a guys thread who was locked reporting a similar problem .... didnt see too many results when i googled it :S 02:30am now and another 4 hours wasted trying to get this game to run again after having it running so good!

Your installation is corrupt. Uninstall, delete the directory, then reinstall from DVD. If your version is from D2D or Nexway (Downloaded version) then you may need to download again, but try a reinstall first.

Thanks for quick reply...I have the 505 Games version....after I do a fresh install can I use the 1.03 patch, or do I need to install the previous patch first?

505 is 1.01 on release, you can patch from that directly to 1.03

Well guys...tried that with no joy. Uninstalled, deleted the folders and cleaned registry...then restarted, reinstalled game....once I started to install the patch it threw up the same error as above "error found in ALL\ARMA2.EXE"

When I select retry just keeps coming back...once I select ignore it says patch installed ok. Then when I try to run game I get the error compiling pixel shader etc message and CTD :S

Getting so pissed off with this game...wasting my gaming time taking part in a beta test I wasnt invited too.

Really dont know what to do next:mad:

The only other suggestion I have is to make sure UAC is disabled and install the game by going to setup.exe on the DvD and run it as admin (maybe even in XP compatibility mode)

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

I should add.. make sure you don't have anti-virus active. From what I hear some pirates released a virus version of arma2.exe so now some of the scanners pick arma2.exe up as a virus.

Any other ideas for this guys? Getting the same messages etc and cant play ..... is really getting a bit annoying now no idea what to do.

It could also be the patch that was damaged in someway, try to re downloading it.

The only other suggestion I have is to make sure UAC is disabled and install the game by going to setup.exe on the DvD and run it as admin (maybe even in XP compatibility mode)

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

I should add.. make sure you don't have anti-virus active. From what I hear some pirates released a virus version of arma2.exe so now some of the scanners pick arma2.exe up as a virus.

if he is using pirated or altered version of game then of course the patch will not work ... jeez

I get the same compiling pixel shader problem, though the failure listed in two different downloads from different servers was down to an error with the AIR.PBO.BI.BISIGN file(from memory). Something seems to have corrupted the file as the game will not even start. I am guessing it is a reinstall and re-apply the patch ?

Def a legit off the shelf UK copy, so I believe there is a common cause as three of us are experiencing the same error. I'll try reinstalling after work, unless this file is a common, non user-specific one which can simply be overwritten and the patch re-applied ?

cjph

I have received the same error, i removed "noblur" from the shortcut and the game runs fine. I cannot tell if this really was the cause of the error, maybe you can check if you use one of the noblur mods?

Can't remember whether I have any of the mods enabled but suspect that may be having an impact, will check later. Thanks for the headsup Chill.

cjph

if he is using pirated or altered version of game then of course the patch will not work ... jeez

This is a legit 505 Games version, which I foolishly paid real money for. I already mentioned in first post it was not a pirated version, as at the time of posting I googled the error and could see how some guy using a pirate copy had his thread locked.

Hope this clears this issue....I still have this problem if anyone can help

I had a similar problem with Arma 1 (except it wasn't the exe, it was a different file couldn't be patched). It happened under Windows 7, so I tested under Vista and XP and they worked fine, just Windows 7 wouldn't work. Funny thing is that I didn't see any corruption messages during install, only when I tried to patch it (tested with 2 downloaded patches and QG built in patch)

This is a legit 505 Games version, which I foolishly paid real money for. I already mentioned in first post it was not a pirated version, as at the time of posting I googled the error and could see how some guy using a pirate copy had his thread locked.

Hope this clears this issue....I still have this problem if anyone can help

well then ignore what i said :)

anyway i think this problem is somehow linked to file access rights (NTFS) or user account rights (maybe unable to use temp files)

enough free space everywhere ? (both destination game drive and temp drive/OS drive)

Yep plenty of free space there ... its driving me crazy tbh :s I have done everything from scratch around 7 times now with the same results.

Tried with UAC disabled and running as admin...no difference though.

That error....the one about pixel shader...is that a graphics driver error or direct x or something else? Do we know which version drivers the Bi guys use on there nvidia cards by any chance?

At this point I'm really clutching at straws as u can tell and am wondering if a complete system reformat would be in order...I'll try anything...erm 7 times lol

Thanks for the input here anyway guys...I think tonite will reformat and reinstall from start and see how it goes. If that fails then its back to the previous patch for me 'till someone sorts it :s

Can't be system specific as I am XP and Intel CPU - do have an 8800GTS so that is the only common link. I have the OS on a separate drive to the game, so might be tight on space on the OS drive. Will try that later as well - along with removing the addons and finally reinstalling.

As per L3dz3p - thanks for the help/suggestions.

cjph

I had similar issues with the 1.02 patch, all addons though, not .exe

The fix I used for 1.02 was to copy the file from the DVD to the install then hit retry in the patcher, and it worked.

But with 1.03 I've had to uninstall and re install the game 12 times ( as you can't go back to the previous version ) and also copied the files that would not update to my HD, then during patching, copy them to the install, then hit retry.

Still no bananas.

Every single other game or app works fine on my PC, and I won't re install windows for one game ( as good as it is ) So I guess I'm going to have to wait for a fix, or until I can use my retail key on Steam ( 18 steam purchases, no issues with updates there ).

What annoys me most is that I actually bought this game twice, my Amazon copy was going to arrive late, so I bought another copy from Game. ( both 505 versions ) so I could play it on my day off from work, but I've spent more time trying to install the game, than actually play it.

When it worked, it was pretty good, but the time investment trying to get it to run just doesn't cut the mustard, compared to every other game I've owned and played.

If and when retail keys can be activated via steam, or, patch releases allow you to default back to a previous working version, I'm going to, sadly, give this one a miss.

Fixed this last night - was using an addon compilation for the server I mainly play on and was told it includes the noblur addon - took out the addon and the game loaded and played. There was some stuttering once it loaded, but I freed up some space on the OS drive and defragged the game drive and things improved significantly. Overall, I can't say there is a significant increase or decrease in performance so I'll have to try a few more settings and missions/games.

The downside is the loss of the campaign progress so far, which is a shame as I was starting to get into it.

cjph

Oh, and talking this through with the provider of the addon compilation, the noblur addon (and reduced grass etc) helped to boost performance, so its my belief the removal of these has actually been balanced by any 1.03 optimisation, hence no visible performance change. Once all the addons are compatible with 1.03 there should be some improvement.

Glad to see u got sorted Cjph .... I too successfully got it installed. Everything I did is in this thread...Disabling UAC,Uninstall everything,delete all related folders and done a registry cleanup, disabled firewall and antivirus, then reinstall everything again.

Strange thing is I done the exact same routine a few times and still getting the patch error during install, and was basically giving it one last go when it didnt throw up the patch error...I thought wtf??

Then it was everything crossed for trying to start game and hey .... no pixel error message nor CTD:yay:

Thanks again to everyone who put in on this >>>>> without these forums and the communities knowledge I would have no chance!

Also...for the short time I managed to play last night...gameplay seems smoother for me and I may be able to squeeze a bit more eye candy outa my 9800 gt now:)

Since upgrading to v1.03 I can't play the campaign I'm on which seems to be the same for others in Manhatten it won't load the autosave and keeps kicking me out to windows. I've had it working once when I re-named a save game to a autosave but now even that doesn't work. I deleted my .cfg file to let refresh the system details but for now I'm stumped and can't play the game. So far I've re-installed an OS purchased a new 4870x2 all to play this game (I'm a big fan of OFP and upgraded my last PC just for that) I know its daft but every now and again a special game is made but this for me so far is unplayable. Any ideas if needs be how to I skip manhatten and play the campaign from there on.

Ste Lea

First off... posting the same thing in several different threads is against forums rules... just lucky the mods haven't picked it up yet.

Second, old save games don't often work with the new patch, it states as much in the patch notes but is a bit vague in the desciption (probably lost in translation), just revert to the start of the missions and enjoy it again with less bugs.

Third, if you really want to skip the mission (and no one will hold that against you) there is a cheat... I'll let you find it yourself, but here's a clue... search for "endmission"