Sign in to follow this  
kocrachon

Some quick DM help.

Latley I have been making some TDM games that are Sniper Wars for my clans. I close of an area and we have TDM with sniper rifles seeing who can be the most patient and good at stealth.

The problem comes when we try to play it DM style. At times its a battle between just 4 of us. With this, its 1 Player on Bluefor, 1 player on opfor, 1 player on independent, and 1 player as a civilian.

There are two problems with this.

1) Who ever kills the civilian player gets negative score

2) We can't have more than 4 players at any given time.

So my two questions are this.

1) How do I make it an actual death match, where there are no sides, every man for himself.

2) How do I still set respawn locations for these players? I want each player to have a spawn with a special weapons crate with all the snipers to choose from (with add-on snipers of course). So is there a way for me to give them a spawn location as well?

I am currently using the BAS_F mission maker deal for this.

player addrating -1000000 initiated with each spawn will make him an eligible target for everyone.

About crates - you could createVehicle a crate and fill it with the stuff you like for each player at the start of their mission and move its location a couple of meters next to the player when he respawns.

If you want a sniper deathmatch, I've made one myself and it's called DM Long Range. It has a scripted weapon selection and the location for the game can be chosen in the setup screen. You can edit it to your own needs as long as you change the filename and mission name to tell the original and modified versions apart.

http://selleri.pp.fi/stuff/dm_20_long_range_v0-95.sara.pbo

player addrating -1000000 initiated with each spawn will make him an eligible target for everyone.

About crates - you could createVehicle a crate and fill it with the stuff you like for each player at the start of their mission and move its location a couple of meters next to the player when he respawns.

If you want a sniper deathmatch, I've made one myself and it's called DM Long Range. It has a scripted weapon selection and the location for the game can be chosen in the setup screen. You can edit it to your own needs as long as you change the filename and mission name to tell the original and modified versions apart.

http://selleri.pp.fi/stuff/dm_20_long_range_v0-95.sara.pbo

How would I make the vehicle move to where the person spawns?

How would I make the vehicle move to where the person spawns?

cratename setpos [(getpos player select 0)+2,getpos player select 1,0]

cratename setpos [(getpos player select 0)+2,getpos player select 1,0]

And will this make it to where it moves only when the player respawns?

Also, is there a way for me to set a spawn point for each individual player?