Sign in to follow this  
bravo 6

MyMap folder destination

I've read somewhere that the folder destination can cause some problems and help in other hand.

To be more specific, some models, such as ladders may not even work if the 1st destination folder is used. Is this true?

I have build MyMap in the following folder:

P:\MyMap

I have all textures working on this 1st folder example, i can see the MyMap ingame without any error messages.

Though ladders do Not work and AI's do Not use roads as they should. I Have no idea why.

Was also said that the map should be built in:

P:\ca\MyMap

Do ladders work if its set like this? Do AIs use roads better in this case?

I must ask, to clear some doubts, how important is it to use the 2nd folder example?

Please help clear this doubt.

Edited by bravo 6
When porting stuff to new forum there was strange codes spaming.

This has been on my mind for some time now too.

From what I have read so far, in order to get building animations to work correctly you need to put your MyMap folder into the P:\CA folder as well as do the other stuff like using unrap in all of the object folders in the CA directory. Someone else would be able to describe this better then me.

Elsewhere on these forums it has been discussed how to make building animations work but sometimes it is hard to solve a problem like this when there is no follow up after a solution has been given. This leaves people with the same issue in the dust.

When I moved my islands folder from the P:\ directory into \CA I have since been unable to get textures to work in game. I had to re-create my island from scratch or the textures would not show up in game. Has anyone been able to transfer your work from P:\ to P:\CA without having to re-import everything into visitor? I checked and rechecked and quadruple checked all of my paths and still haven't been able to get textures to show up in game(works fine in buldozer).

Your island folder goes in the root of P:\ ...

P:\MyIsland

Inside this you will have all your files for your island.

P:\ca is for the mlod model files from Arma including their associated files and textures. (config, model.cfg etc)

P:\ca is only for the Arma files

for example:

P:\ca\plants ... all files for plants

P:\ca\buildings ... all files for buildings

P:\ca\roads ... all files for roads

etc

etc

In other words the same structure the game has in the Addons folder except it is in folder format instead of PBO format.

Planck

Finally, thanks to clear it out.

Then the way i had in 1st place was the correct one.

Although why roads and ladders do not work as they should in MyMap? Some people said it probably had to do with the path, but looks like its not it.

This is a very common issue, can you clear the ladder and road issue too?

Thanks again. smile_o.gif

Hi.

Making the island in the ca folder was the only way ive been able to get everything to work. Until someone shows how to make it work another way I will continue using ca like BI's sample island.

Binpbo didnt even work properly for me the other way, had a long list of errors. Seemed the only way I could set the model path (in binpbo) to ca was if it was in the islands path as well.

help.gif

Hi.

Making the island in the ca folder was the only way ive been able to get everything to work. Until someone shows how to make it work another way I will continue using ca like BI's sample island.

Binpbo didnt even work properly for me the other way, had a long list of errors. Seemed the only way I could set the model path (in binpbo) to ca was if it was in the islands path as well.

help.gif

Can you explain by steps what you done to make it work?

I mean make it work with ladders and roads..

I still don't know why my textures won't show up in game when I build an island in the CA directory. help.gif

I still don't know why my textures won't show up in game when I build an island in the CA directory. help.gif

same thing happens to me.. i do change the rvmat from .png to paa. With the \ca path.

One thing that i tested and noticed yesterday was that if i used the following line in the config.cpp

[b]worldName=\ca\SampleMap\SampleMap.wrp;[/b]

I would not be able to see the map description "Sample Rahmadi Map" in list.

But if i change the path to:

[b]worldName=\SampleMap\SampleMap.wrp;[/b]

Im able to see the "Sample Rahmadi Map" in list.

Though this way textures are not loaded, even converting .png to .paa and their respective rvmats.

edit: and thats why i use

P:\MyMap instead of P:\ca\MyMap, because 1st just work better for me.

Edited by bravo 6
same reason as in edit on 1st post

Hi.

Quote[/b] ]worldName=\SampleMap\SampleMap.wrp

In my config its like:

worldName=\ca\Myland\Myland.wrp

About the textures.

If you copied the island folder from P: into your CA folder simply editing the rvmats wont work. The paths are also saved in the wrp, maybe the pew as well. You need to reimport the sat/layer mask files to fix the paths.

If you like using P instead then use it, most people say its the right way. Doing it the other way just makes everything work without having to make new configs for the models.

Hi.
Quote[/b] ]worldName=\SampleMap\SampleMap.wrp

In my config its like:

worldName=\ca\Myland\Myland.wrp

About the textures.

If you copied the island folder from P: into your CA folder simply editing the rvmats wont work. The paths are also saved in the wrp, maybe the pew as well. You need to reimport the sat/layer mask files to fix the paths.

If you like using P instead then use it, most people say its the right way. Doing it the other way just makes everything work without having to make new configs for the models.

Changing \mymap\mymap.wrp to \ca\mymap\mymap.wrp in the config makes it vanish from the island list all together.

I have already tried to create a NEW island within the CA directory. I tried every possible path in the texture/imported texture rvmats and the layers.cfg as well as the paths in my config and visitor preferences. This just isn't working.

Strange.

It works like a charm here, I just finished doing it to Schmalfelden. Now I can open/close doors and order ai to house positions.

Changing \mymap\mymap.wrp to \ca\mymap\mymap.wrp in the config makes it vanish from the island list all together.

Did anyone find a solution for this issue?

Jens

Quote[/b] ]Changing \mymap\mymap.wrp to \ca\mymap\mymap.wrp in the config makes it vanish from the island list all together.

Did anyone find a solution for this issue?

In the BinPBO Options does the Path to Project Folder read just

p:\ca

No "\" after the ca, no " " - mistakes I made which affected this - even when all programs on the C: drive. Once I fixed these typos it worked on one computer, but not the other (I am aware of your note in the other thread).