Sign in to follow this  
voiceofarma

have a visual bug in sky

Hi I just encountered a bug recently (several days before update 1.38) that seems a visual bug in sky as you see in these pictures:

xrgu5eh2d6wb155zg.jpg

5xvcm4xu5equ1d8zg.jpg

Completely reinstalling whole windows, arma 3 and video driver again didn't fix it.

I appreciate your help I'm really weird with it.

thanks

feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=22296

Edited by VoiceOfArmA

Other than the standard "Do you run any mods?" question, I don't know what could cause such an issue (could be hardware TBH).

thanks for reply, reinstall windows, game, anything, surely no mod, only in arma 3 not any other games which need high tech system than arma 3.

I'm not so expert about hardware so what is TBH and what you suggest?

really thanks for your reply

seems when sun is in sky this issue is more visible and in cloudy sky no issue!

I thinks it's bug.

Hi dude,

something seems wrong with your data file. I actually checked the data_f.pbo there are a couple of skytextures in this file, i would assume that your data_f is missing those

Hi dude,

something seems wrong with your data file. I actually checked the data_f.pbo there are a couple of skytextures in this file, i would assume that your data_f is missing those

thanks alot mate for your great help, but I just reinstalled whole game again from steam, so how can this happens? anyway what you suggest to me to do with that file?

Thanks to @LSD_Timewarp82 for uploading his data_f.pbo file but still same issue:(

maybe I should call AMD too? my video card is HD 7770.

Have you maybe other games to check if in other games run without visual glitches?

yes I checked my other games like arma 2, arma 2 OA and spinter cell blacklist with high video settings, no issues there.

Hmm, you could try this: add a Mod like MCC where you are able to set various weathers, and please turn on the rpt error logs. So add MCC, open it Ingame and set the weather through MCC (when MCC open -> Icon to set weather is on 3rd or 4th position on the right side) and tell what happens. If there is an issue the rpt log will tell us more.

I only seem to see this same "error" in Virtual Reality when I set it to dark on default weather/day/month settings.(I use " because I wouldn't call it an error, I personally think its just part of the vignette to simulate blurred peripheral vision).

I only seem to see this same "error" in Virtual Reality when I set it to dark on default weather/day/month settings.(I use " because I wouldn't call it an error, I personally think its just part of the vignette to simulate blurred peripheral vision).

thanks mate but anyway it's not like a feature for me, it's became like a dirt effect on screen borders.

There is a mod to disable Vignette, i use it myself. It´s called UI Corrections, maybe it would be worth a try?

Thanks mate I uses that mod before, see my first photo in my first post, the effect is like a dome! but after I used UI corrections mod, something like second photo happened.

anyway let me do what you said about MCC mod, and rpt files are being produced by default, isn't? so I'm going to try that.

Edited by VoiceOfArmA

Yeah try MCC and adjust weather with Overcast, mean that clouds would appear. This happens instantly after you will press confirm. The logs are enabled by default, they are stored in "C:\Users\Your PC Name\AppData\Local\Arma 3"

to get acess to the appdata folders you need to adjust it in the Pereferences of the folders on your Windows

Yeah try MCC and adjust weather with Overcast, mean that clouds would appear. This happens instantly after you will press confirm. The logs are enabled by default, they are stored in "C:\Users\Your PC Name\AppData\Local\Arma 3"

to get acess to the appdata folders you need to adjust it in the Pereferences of the folders on your Windows

ok I just tried that, used different hours like early morning, daylight, night and situations like fog and etc. I have a rpt file now, so what should I do? analyze what? thanks

Okay;

write this into your Console while running the Game. Then tell me if something happens:

simulWeatherSync;

And you should try this code too, this code hides the clouds when is set not correctly

Try both, mean true and false

SimulSetWrap true

Edited by LSD_Timewarp82

Ok I tried them, put simulWeatherSync; and hit LOCAL EXEC, nothing happened, then put SimulSetWrap true, nothing happened. :(

Hmmm, try this: open Zeus while Gaming and go for the Modules section and there into Enviroment. There is something like Weather. Try to set Overcast with Zeus and including to this speed up the time how long a day takes. It would be great if you would also Skip time by 24 hours with Zeuzs after you set the module

I used zeus to change weather and time, still same, but when I used Mediterranean effect from post processes, I didn't see the issue in front view but when looked at sun, I figured that this dirt effect issue is spread out on whole sky except where sun is! just see photo it's a little hard to describe by words!

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/2c93/4ce4e4t2g83vnzdzg.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/47a4/930zmdxg183mwk4zg.jpg

Okay, i got one more, but then i run out of ideas ^^

I give you now my personal Sweet Fx Setup, try this please and tell me if something changed for you

Its my personal but not finished Setup for Arma3, simply press first the Pause Key (important to reload shaders) and then the Scroll Lock when u are on the Main Menu of Arma 3, you should see the difference. Report back if that worked for you

Put these files into your "\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3

http://www.filedropper.com/swfx

This are the Keys you need:

;toggle shader keycode

key_toggle = 145 ; 145 = the SCROLL_LOCK key

;make screenshot keycode

key_screenshot = 44 ; 44 = PRINTSCREEN

;reload shader files keycode

key_reload = 19 ; 19 = the PAUSE key

Edited by LSD_Timewarp82