Sign in to follow this  
mrcash2009

[Solved] BAF causing no access to load other campaigns in the list >>

Hi,

Haven't been playing much recently and got to installing the very latest beta and added a new user campaign to test out.

So I added to campaigns folder and loaded, I can see it in the list and selected it and continued, the next screen is then showing me the very last BAF mission (which I completed a while ago). So I selected "back" and then tried again, same. So I then tried A2 campaign, EW campaign and all stock campaigns and every time I double click or select continue the next screen jumps into BAF campaign mission list at the 4th mission!?

So ... I stripped everything back to emptying all user campaigns and then reverted back to stock OA (Combined ops here) up to the latest patch without betas or mods, and the same again.

I then removed temporarily all my game save files for my profile (by going to my profile folder and renaming "Saved" to "Saved_" .. loaded, same again although it jumps to BAF campaign list and only shows "start" as I removed saves so I know its not that. Finally I renamed the BAF folder in the root of Arma2 directory to "BAF_" so it wouldn't be loaded, low and behold the campaign is missing (Normal) and then I could access all other campaigns as normal.

I then exited and went back and renamed BAF folder back, loaded again, and then yet again all campaigns when clicked on direct into BAF campaign list ... I cannot escape it. No mods loaded, no betas, its all to do with BAF install and campaign file within it.

I haven't seen this reported and the BAF thread is massive and I searched relevant times and came back with nothing.

Can anyone else help as to why this is, its not my profile, I basicly need to in effect un-install BAF for my other campaigns to be able to access and load their own missions lists ... all very odd, what could cause my campaigns from the menu to jump to BAF when double clicking any of them or selecting continue, if its not my game saves, where else would fix it?

I patched a while ago before BAF arrived, I played BAF when it was released and never went back to campaigns so that's all stayed the same as I left it and wasnt an issue previous.

Edited by Dwarden
user resolved

simple summary or repro

what version of game?

OA or A2:CO

incase of A2:CO same or separated dirs ?

etc

Dwarden,

Summary,

Combined Operations all in one folder - ARMA2 (1.07 patched up first) and then install of OA later (1.54 Patched Up) purchased separately & both boxed retail, not steam, BAF install via sprocket.

Tested In vanilla, and 2 latest beta's with and without mods (exiting removing and reloading and testing again with each example) ..

I go to campaign option in menu, I have the list of campaigns, I click on the stock Arma2 campaign, or EW campaign, or pretty much any campaign in the list either via double click or selecting and using "continue" every time on any of them the next screen will always be sat in the BAF campaign (the icon image with the brit flag) looking at the list of missions in BAF.

If I exit, remove the "BAF" folder installed in the root of Arma2 folder (I simply rename it so its not found) this is the only way I can then happily click any other campaign in the list and it will correctly go to that campaigns location with missions to play.

I also removed my game saves to reset any save game issues or bugs and emptied my "campaign" folder in case 3rd party's were causing bugs, and still the same, its completely tied to the BAF folder and the campaign showing up, if its active and in the campaign list all campaigns I select point into to BAF campaign list.

I played the campaign way after patching with latest patch and it was fine, although since that time I have never played campaigns since. So a few weeks have passed and I thought to install a new one a play (Ironicly a BAF campaign) only to then find BAF seems to make all other campaign non accessible when its active. Core files have not been tampered with within this time, and all mods are separate mod folders, so all core files and folders are standard as they should be since patching with 1.54.

I can make a youtube clip if that helps.

Edited by mrcash2009

EDIT: FIXED .... the last thing I tried is creating a bran new profile ... after doing that it works, so my profile somehow has got corrupt, very on indeed as Ive had no issues at all since arma2 install.

EDIT2 ... Seem my OA profile file was set to "Read Only" once I investigate that further which was causing issue to write to it I would assume with last loaded campaign, once I set that off, and reloaded its resolved.

*** U.S.E.R. E.R.R.O.R ***

:pet2:

Edited by mrcash2009

thanks for informing us and glad to hear You fixed it :)

was banging head over table how repro this already ;)