Sign in to follow this  
madmusti

Big Problem in Multiplayer

Hi all,

im new and buy for a few days arma 2 combined operations in Steam:yay:

so i play the Coop in multiplayer Evolution mission etc.after when i died i wait then i press spawn at base then i spawn on my base,my ping is 19 etc.but no one of my teammates can see me,i can shoot them they see that but then they not die and cannot see me,but my teammates can kill me with a vehicle,thats problem coming always then i make a spawn after when i died ,so i ask,whats the reason for that,i mean anything is ok ,so i ask whats my problem!!!:confused:

Not enough info

But guessing

1) Issue with mission scripting (There are so many versions of Dom out there)

2) You are playing with some standalone OA clients and the class of unit your are playing is an ArmA2 class, which they cannot see

Evo Blue 1.5 version,i play one round ,when i die or was killed and respawn i cant see the other player´s or they cant see me !!!

Probably server lag. Bad server lag. Or it could be client-side (you). Try another server, it may be in another country or something.

Got a real strange issue with GITSEvolutionV28.Chernarus,

two weeks ago set up a Linux server, and it was working fine until yesterday.

Couldn't join anymore (ArmA2 crashing after connecting), one of my teammates could, but said, everything looked way screwed up.

Thought, with well over 5000 minutes uptime, and some serious memory leaking, that is just ok, restart it, and have fun again.

But no chance, I connect, I login as admin, select the mission and then get stuck at "waiting for host". I was trying to fix this the whole day now, but without any success.

I own a second copy of ArmA2, installed on my laptop, thats just a 1.7 patched vanilla installation. That one just shows exactly the same behavior.

I still can communicate with the server, it logs my login and logout, but the mission does not start (log says it was read) and I can't get back to the missions screen.

When I join a game, a teammate has started, the mission file is downloaded again at every single attempt. When it's finished, I get "script ...\createCarrier.sqf" not fount, then I can loop between debriefing and player slot assignment screens, if I leave it in the debriefing screen, ArmA2 crashes after a while.

On both machines.

Both are Windows Vista, but one 32bit and one 64bit.

Currently it feels like getting mad. I don't have the slightest idea what this is.

After I was on a business trip during the week, I now have set up a complete parallel installation under a new user on the linux machine. I was using only the server files from the download, without anything of my usual changes.

It still does not work either way.

There are two missions I can choose, that's Deathmatch and Close Quarters Battle, all other builtin missions show the same "wait for host" issue.

And Close Quarters Battle lets me start it, but not join it. It hangs up with no error or anything else bevor it should switch to 1st person view from the starting map view.

So the one and only mission working is Deathmatch.

I also tried another player profile (useless, as the error occurs regardless which of my computers I use), and I tried another network connection, without any success.

-exthreads=1 does not help either.

During this "wait for host" I still can login and logout as admin, the server logs this, but neither #missions nor #reassign do anything. #shutdown works, but does not really help...

I'm completely out of ideas. Is cancelling the server all that's left now?

Edited by sobrek

Madmusti, you are not alone my friend, I suffer the same problem.. see link

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=99486

I have CO... that is Arma2 and OA together, one possible solution that I have been told and which I'm going to try is to do a complete and thorough uninstall and then just install OA, not bothering with Arma2.

I really hope this works as it's driving me crazy, obviously this is not an option if you have only got OA..

Hoipe this will cure my problem and help with yours, best of luck.

Edited by Meanstreak
Ahh, see you are running CO, just realised..

Ok guys just to give you a heads up the workaround I mentioned in my previous post has cured the 'ghost' problem for me.. Yehaaaa! :yay:

Sorry it hasn't.... my mistake.

Edited by Meanstreak