Sign in to follow this  
jasooon

Joystick hat viewing problem

I have a new instal of ofp res using 1.96 and have a new Joy (logitach wingman force).

I used to have a sidewinder force feedback v1 and could use its hat switch to look around when flying helicopters or planes without the view automatically autocentreing on releasing the hat. ie. if i panned my view to the left it would stay there on release of hat switch. With new install I can't seem to stop the view automatically centreing back to front view on hat buton release ?

any way to turn off autocentre in user config file perhaps ?

many thanks for any help

Regards

Jasoooon

The only way you can bypass this is to go to free head-turn-around mode... which you can turn on and off with the keypad asterick key.

Hi Blackdog

Unfortunately that does not work. Frre view is useless in choppers and planes in 1.96 sad_o.gif

Is there a way to turn off centre view in the config file ?

Thanks

Jasooon

And along came that annoying patch 1.90(6 attempts later, and they still couldn't fix it!wink_o.gif )which killed free head-turn-around mode and also the targeting of soldiers which inturn <span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>killed the enjoyment of flying!!!</span> banghead.gif

Hope it's fixed in their new game!!! nener.gif

And I hope they start listening to their fans about problems/bugs since we pay their bills!!!

I just closed an identical thread, the point has been made quite some time ago, it's a known antagonism to a number of people. Digging up a 10 month old thread when I've just closed an identical thread is in itself an antagonism, please don't do it.