Sign in to follow this  
genesis92x

Domination MI-24/MI-8 death crash?

Hello everyone! We have a new issue with our lovely server now... Ever since the update, whenever we bring down a helicopter with an AA missile it crashes the server.

List of events are as follows:

1) AI or Players lock onto air with Stinger.

2) Players open fire and hit the aircraft

3)The aircraft (In this case an MI-8 or MI-24) crash and then shortly after causes the server to crash.

4) Shooting friendly MI-8's or MI-24's does not break the server...

5) This happens on ANY Domination!

...Any ideas?

Also the .rpt does not find anything of interest... would really love some help!

Edited by Genesis92x

Uninstall ArmA2

Install ArmA2

Apply patch 1.54

Continue enjoy the great experiences Domination can give when played correctly.

ODEN;1791363']Uninstall ArmA2

Install ArmA2

Apply patch 1.54

Continue enjoy the great experiences Domination can give when played correctly.

Thank you very much...but the server was installed using the files off of steam.

So are you suggesting we reinstall A2 onto the server? Could you explain this more please? How would reinstalling it fix it.

Also, what PBOs would I have to replace to get the server up-to-par again? We can simply replace them with another clients PBOs.

Edited by Genesis92x

I'm sorry for bumping :(

We just want our server to be playable without having it crash because an MI-8 or MI-17 went down... Does anyone know of any way to fix this?

Thank you for your time,

Dominic

So are you suggesting we reinstall A2 onto the server? Could you explain this more please? How would reinstalling it fix it.

I think he's suggesting you reinstall A2/OA, but only update to the 1.54 patch to avoid certain bugs that the 1.55 created. One in particular seems to create some issues with AI pilots ability to avoid the ground. That causes the aircraft to crash though, not the server.

You won't be able to get the 1.54 version off Steam anymore anyway. On the other hand, it does sound like a file may have corrupted somewhere during the patch. Reinstalling would (hopefully) correct that. Have you tried downloading a new copy of Dom? Does it happen in other non-Dom missions? Hopefully someone else will have a more efficient solution.

I think he's suggesting you reinstall A2/OA, but only update to the 1.54 patch to avoid certain bugs that the 1.55 created. One in particular seems to create some issues with AI pilots ability to avoid the ground. That causes the aircraft to crash though, not the server.

You won't be able to get the 1.54 version off Steam anymore anyway. On the other hand, it does sound like a file may have corrupted somewhere during the patch. Reinstalling would (hopefully) correct that. Have you tried downloading a new copy of Dom? Does it happen in other non-Dom missions? Hopefully someone else will have a more efficient solution.

We believe it is a corrupted file like you suggested but we have no clue which .PBO it might be. (Maybe Air1-3?) ANY mission that has an MI-8 or MI-17 crashes the server when it dies... I read somewhere that they made a lot of changes to the MI-8's and MI-17's so maybe Bohemia messed something up there. And if that error transfered over to steam-I doubt the fix will be coming out shortly.

Thank you for your time,

Dominic

EDIT: We changed the MI-8's and MI-17's back to the normal ArmA 2 MI's instead of the Takistani ones...will report back if it works

Edited by Genesis92x