Sign in to follow this  
Tausen

Repeating triggers

Alright, deepest apologies for bothering you guys with such trivial questions, but I'm a complete newbie at editing maps, and simply can't see why what I'm doing is not working.

I want a trigger to perform a certain action, lets say, every 10 seconds.

I created a trigger with the following properties:

Axises:

a: 0, b: 0

Activation:

Anybody, repeatedly, present

Timeout:

10, 10, 10

Type:

None

Condition:

true

On act:

hint "Trigger activated!";

Trigger activates only once - how come? In my little world, that trigger should repeat itself and keep doing so. Thanks a billion for any feedback!

Cheers,

-Tausen

I'm guessing the issue you are having is that hint text stays on your screen for ~30 seconds. You won't see the text change every 10 seconds because it would still be on your screen for another 20. I think it just keeps expanding the time with the repeated trigger. Try using a sound effect every 10 seconds to test this rather then text.

The trigger's condition is the problem. The trigger activates only once if the condition is met at all times. True is a permanent condition and is always met.

Try this.

Timeout: 0, 0, 0

Condition: conditiontime<time

On act: hint "Trigger activated!";conditiontime=time+10

Make another trigger with

Condition: true

On act: conditiontime=time

Thanks for the quick replies!

As for the hint not disappearing I thought so as well, but it doesn't actually extend the time the hint is there, either.

As for your intel, Celery - I didn't know it would only activate once if the conditions were met at all times. That solved my problem! Thanks a billion!