Sign in to follow this  
choC

Ram limit hard-coded?

ok put it this way, what evidence do u guys have that show that A2 uses 2gb of ram?

ive went ahead and bought 4gb of ram in the hope that it will increase performance but im still sceptical of how much ram A2 actually uses.

very simple, check performance monitor in administrative tools or in task manager. While you're at it, check your page file as well to make sure it is of an adequate size.

I'm considering getting an SSD(rive) so the awful loading from disk can be done faster.

However, i need to know how much data is being written on the disk while playing. Like how much data in an hour or so, as you know that SSD only have a number of cycles it can be written on.

How long would an SSD survive ?

For instance, the intel 25 m 64GB is guaranteed to work for 5 years when 20GB a day is written on it.

But how much is that 20GB actually when playing arma 2 ?

My guess is not that much, and you will exceed that after a couple of hours of playing right ?

very simple, check performance monitor in administrative tools or in task manager. While you're at it, check your page file as well to make sure it is of an adequate size.

im basin what i said on what task manager is reporting. the most ive seen someone say they have seen A2 use in task manager is 1.2gb of ram.

are there any techies around who can answer if A2 or indeed any other game out there will utililize more than 2gb's of ram on a 32bit system?

im basin what i said on what task manager is reporting. the most ive seen someone say they have seen A2 use in task manager is 1.2gb of ram.

are there any techies around who can answer if A2 or indeed any other game out there will utililize more than 2gb's of ram on a 32bit system?

see post#12 up.

most i have ever seen in A2 is 1.9gb. i use the -maxmen=2047. As per Sumas advice.