Sign in to follow this  
anthropoid

Any Farsi Speakers in the House?

I'm looking for someone who is at least proficient if not fluent in Farsi to:

1. double check some of my English -> Farsi translated + Farsi -> Latin Alphabet transcripted words and phrases that I'm intending to use in a new mission(s). For example:

Think I found my transcription tool (actually not transliteration like I was calling it)

http://mylanguages.org/farsi_romanization.php

This gives:

ÙˆÙادار = wfadar

Cleaning that up to insert the implicit vowels I get:

"Wefadar"

So I guess I wasn't too far off.

For a name for the player group I think I'm gonna go with "Faithful Lions" = شير ÙˆÙادار = Sheyr_Wefadar

Then for each mission, I'll just use English words/phrases that have some salience within Sunni Islam else Afghan history, translate them to Farsi, then transcript the Farsi into Latin alphabet, for example:

Recompense the unfaithful = غرامت بيوÙا = gheramet ayen gherd werzey

That particular phrase is a bit longish, so I'll try to do shorter stuff, but that is the basic idea to follow at this point.

I don't think there will be very much help I'll need, only a couple words or phrases in mission 1, then perhaps a couple in mission 2, etc. Basically, about 5 minutes for a competent reader/speaker of Farsi, but infinite for me! :p

2. It is beyond my current aspirations, but if someone who speaks Farsi with an appropriate accent was keen to do it, I'd be interested to explore adding some voice acting to the mission(s) too.

-=-=-Additional Info Below-=-=-

I'm beginning to make my 1st mission in what I hope will be a multi-mission series (at least 3 but maybe lots if I keep up the steam).

Missions will be set in Takistan in late 1970s or 1980s.

Required addons planned at this point:

ACE

ACE_X

ACE_RU

ACE_USNAVY

CBA_(all)

MCC (maybe, depending on if I cannot figure out how to remove it as a dependency for playing it; but I plan to make the mission with MCC running; mainly I just want to explore what MCC can do for me, but the idea of the ease is appealing too)

_Possibly_

CWR2

Variable at CiA has convinced me that a mission/series based off of Mujahideen versus Soviet invasion of Afghanistan (and obviously set in Takistan and/or other maps like Aliabad, Hazar Kot, Zargabad) is a winner concept, so I'm gonna run with that.

There are some nice 1980's weapons in CWR2, plus the soldier uniforms and such, so as long as CWR2 will play nice with the ACE package I'd like to do it that way. I don't think I have ever run ACE with CWR2 at the same time, so I'm not sure if it is a good idea or not.

Edited by Anthropoid

Well first of all you might put your post also in the voice actors topic - Mission editing forum as well. You might have a chance to stumble upon someone who's actually capable of doing what you need.

Bear in mind that CWR hasn't been developed to run with ACE in the first place so therefore I dunno if that's a good idea, but hey as long as it's not giving you some troubles to run both MODs than your good to go.

Thanks, we'll see if I get in bites from this thread or the one in Voice Actors.

Hope that you can find someone with the skillz needed by you.

cheers

Still haven't heard from anyone. Not a problem, but before I embark on making a mission series with the player group name of "Sheyr Wefadar" I would prefer if someone with some proficiency in Farsi could tell me if that sounds ridiculous or not.

Also, I'm planning for the first mission to be called "co05_Sheyr_Wefadar_Fitna.Takistan."

If anyone with some proficiency in Farsi could tell me whether those two phrases sound 'okay' (i.e., not ridiculous) then I feel like I'm good to start making the mission. In the interim, I've made my first mission with ACE and will link to it in my "Anthropoid Missions" thread.

So to recap, my two simple questions for a Farsi user:

1. Does "Sheyr Wefadar" شير ÙˆÙادار (apparently translates as Faithful Lions) sound okay for the name of a 'squad' of Mujahideen for a 1985 mission series set in Takistan who will be fighting OPFOR?

2. Does "co05_Sheyr_Wefadar_Fitna.Takistan.pbo" sound okay for a name for the first mission?

Buddies wife who is of Iranian origin helped me to revise my spelling so it seems to be more phonetically on target:

Sheerrai Veffudahr ("Faithful Lions") will be the name of the player group portrayed in the missions.

First mission will be co05_Sheerrai_Veffudahr_Fetnah.Takistan