Sign in to follow this  
Shadow7988

No Z-axis for TrackIR?

Hi, obviously, the title says it all. There seems to be no Z-axis support for the TrackIR although all other axis seem to work. I double checked the options and it seems to be assigned correctly, however I cannot move my head backwards or forwards in-game. Anyone know how to fix this?

The Z axis wasn't bound by default for me, but binding it was easy enough.

In the "view" controls, I have Zoom In (NOT toggle) bound to "TrackIR -tZ", and Zoom Out to "TrackIR +tZ" ...

The Z axis wasn't bound by default for me, but binding it was easy enough.

In the "view" controls, I have Zoom In (NOT toggle) bound to "TrackIR -tZ", and Zoom Out to "TrackIR +tZ" ...

Thanks, it worked, sort of, but it definitely felt wonky compared to the support in 2 and I ended up reverting it. Unlike in 2, it tended to go from one extreme of zoom to the other, rather than gradual zooming like before.

Edited by Shadow7988

On a similar note i can not get the Head Tilt to work with my trackIR. Moving my head left right (not turning ) actions the step out but still have to use keys for tilt. how do I get this working ? please

ED

Edited by edbreg

On a similar note i can not get the Head Tilt to work with my trackIR. Moving my head left right (not turning ) actions the step out but still have to use keys for tilt. how do I get this working ? please

ED

As far as I can tell via experimentation, tilt (pitching) is only accessible in the vehicle simulation in ArmA3~ While you are infantry the camera pitch is always oriented level with the horizon (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.).

I recommend going into the editor and spawning an MH-9 or AH-9 to test your TrackIR, if memory serves it is currently the only vehicle in the game with full support for 6DOF. Also it's hella fun to fly! :)

Every other Alpha vehicle I've gotten into does already appear to support tilt, just not pan or dolly.

I Cant seem to remember having any isues with this in Arma2, but i do have this problem in now,

and nothing works.

Wil this z-axis TrackIR problem being solved in later Alpha build ?

best regards

You can adjust the curves in trackir software and sort out the problem.

I agree that it somehow feels different from a2 though, took a little tweaking to get my leaning back to how it was.

You can adjust the curves in trackir software and sort out the problem.

I agree that it somehow feels different from a2 though, took a little tweaking to get my leaning back to how it was.

My main problem is that, when i move my head backwards i zoom in, and visa versa.

regards

My main problem is that, when i move my head backwards i zoom in, and visa versa.

regards

Can you not reconfigure them in the controls menu and swap them back to how it should be?

Hi, I finaly figure it out, i had to configure -tZ and the +tZ in the right way, cant under stand why this was not so in the first place.

Cant remember i did any thing that made it reverse.

Anyway i'm happy now, and i want to thank you for all the input.

Regards