Sign in to follow this  
dga

Loading screen longer than needed ?

I didn't saw any topic about it yet and as my title suggests, its hard to describe ^^

For example, when I do stuff in the editor and i click "preview" the time the loading screen is shown is quite long.

"Well ok. Its loading".

But then I figured out, when I ALT-TAB out of the game and go back in, I am instantly in my mission which is at least 1/2 of the usual loading time.

Anyone also noticed it or has any clues?

Yeah, I noticed even loading in MP it's taking quite awhile. Hopefully they'll add at least "Loading" so I know it is and not crashing yet again, haha. ;)

My point is. That it shows the loading screen, even when its done loading. At least I think so.

After more testing I'm sure. When loading you see the first loading bar go through. After that it starts again for no reason and takes some seconds.

If you ALT-TAB out and in again you can skip it.

Edited by dga

It seems as if it loads very quickly with the bar flashing a long the top but instead of going to the game it the reloads the map as if it run for the first time.

Nice find about alt-tab I assume it will be fixed eventually have you made a bug-report as this for me is a very important time saver.

When using preview just use removeAllWeapons this; on your unit and it loads in less than half the time

Nice find about alt-tab I assume it will be fixed eventually have you made a bug-report as this for me is a very important time saver.
Yeah please upvote ;) http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=1764
When using preview just use removeAllWeapons this; on your unit and it loads in less than half the time

Weird. Will try that as a workaround for now.

Yep I too found that alt-tabbing speeds up loading times a lot. I also noticed that everytime I click preview for the first time after I booted up the game, it runs very sluggish and I need to alt-tab in order assure smooth gameplay. After that I can go back and forth between the editor and preview without any performance loss. Weird...