Sign in to follow this  
andy3336165

Army of the Czech Republic DLC with non-steam OA. Please help me!

Hi.

I have non-steam ArmA II, OA, Reinforcements.(and not the fake one I have the CD-key.)

then I bought the Army of the Czech Republic DLC on steam.

Now....I face the problem that I cant even put it in my game list cause it said I need OA first.

But I have a non-steam version.

So is there anyway to solve this problem or not?

Please help me.

I love this game so much so I bought all the DLC.....

(I even have 3 ArmA II CD-key. lol.)

Sorry for my bad English if you don't mind.I'm form Taiwan....

Edited by Foxhound
one exclamation mark is more than enough otherwise us moderators might think you need special attention

You can't install any steam DLCs without having the required game on steam.

From the ACR steam page:

Notice: Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic requires Arma II: Combined Operations which is made up of Arma II and Arma II: Operation Arrowhead

And seeing as the ACR DLC requires both ArmA2 and ArmA2 OA, I think you might have to own both on steam to actually activate it.

My opinion, gift or trade with something else the ACR dlc and buy it new from BI store.

Yup sorry to say that's why I'm not a fan of Steam either. I ran into this same problem as you and had to buy another copy. TonyG is right if you didnt buy you game from Steam you can't buy any addons etc. Which to me is bad business and crooked as it looks like their trying to take over the gaming market by force. I really don't know why they just can't sell you a game and just let you download it as a regular digital download file. Instead of all this need for an app to back up files and all that other nonsense. So I would be very aware of that in the future when buying games or other software.

Sorry you had to learn this way.

hello, we are sorry for the issue with ACR DLC, there is issue with keys and it was temporarily disabled, we are working with Valve to resolve the keys issue (if there are more issues we will know after fixing this one first)

hello, we are sorry for the issue with ACR DLC, there is issue with keys and it was temporarily disabled, we are working with Valve to resolve the keys issue (if there are more issues we will know after fixing this one first)

Hello Dwarden,

apologies if this has already been answered, but i own the Arma II (retail), Arma X anniversary edition which includes Arma II and Arma II Operation Arrowhead (which includes BAF & PMC) but I cannot purchase Army of the Czech Republic DLC via Steam. I have added the non-steam games to my Steam library and attempted to input install keys for it but no luck at all!

Do I have to buy something else again first?

Sorry, but with many thanks for your time.

Locopal

Hey guys any solution on this???? I buyed ACR before three days and constantly having MISSING STRING error i realy want to play ACR is there any possible solution???

Hey guys any solution on this???? I buyed ACR before three days and constantly having MISSING STRING error i realy want to play ACR is there any possible solution???

I am having the exact same issue. When I run Steam as administrator, then launch Operation Arrowhead so ACR will install, I get an error message saying "MISSING STRING", which makes absolutely no sense. If this is related to the CD key issue mentioned in OP, why on earth has it taken so many months to resolve this? I mean, come on?

just idea, do you have any commandline params in steam OA properties ? (for w/e reason STEAM is passing same parameters to ACR installer)