Sign in to follow this  
Ivan911

Arma2 OA potentially malicious?

Yesterday i played domination on TAW server. Only reason i played there coz i wonted to practice my flying skills thing i can do on 7Cav server coz i don't have headset

(on 7cav server you have to be on teamspek to fly). I would not recommend to anyone to play on TOW they are plagued with TK and hackers.

You cant literally stay more that 1 min in base without someone blow you up in sky and it seams that TAW could care less.

So after few AO game glitched and we could not take any camp in Chak-Chak that is when i noticed that is only 6 or 7 people still play.

Than i get this message from battle eye how this days there is more hackers, cheaters and how they trying to battle this... And i thought how they do that.

Maybe they hack hackers and spy on all of us non hackers. Then i realized that maybe some of this hackers or Battle Eye action could compromise health of my pc

just to be safe i have alt/tab game and disabled game mode in antivirus. Not much longer i disconnected.

When i booted pc today i got a warning message from Bitdefender

armaoapotentiallymalici.png"]armaoapotentiallymalici.png[/url]

Can Arma 2 compromise health of mine pc?

Why is Bitdefender suddenly says it is malicious?

Can someone use Arma 2 as backdoor access and maybe spy on us?

I would like to know what do you bohemians think about this or did you had any similar experience with arma 2.

Last time i have similar problem is when i was trying to apply patch 1.60 you can read if you want.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?134171-ARMA-2-Patching-problems-HELP-NEEDED

Edited by Ivan911

Submit your Arma2OA.exe to both Jotti's malware scan (limit 25MB) and Virus Total (limit 30MB) & post the results.

I recommend downloading Malwarebyte's Anti Malware (MBAM) - which is free, good, and has daily updates - and using it daily as a routine precaution.