Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

Can you put a satchel down from the editor and set it to go off?

Hello, does anyone know if you can put a satchel down in the editor and set it to go off in a set amount of time. So when your missions starts the satchel will go off after a few minutes. Thanks for any input this will help me complete a mission!:yay:

Not sure... But I know you can make a trigger and "fake" blowing up a satchel ;)

you can not simply place a satchel afaik.

you can however workaround that.

kylania explains here how to make a ai place and blow a ied.

change the ied for the satchel name and find the correct muzzle, and setPos the AI on the position you want satchel in, move AI away hidden, then make ai blow it after so many seconds and delete the ai.

Edit: think this is correct satchel and muzzle.

PipeBomb - add this to AI.

PipeBombMuzzle - this is muzzle used when firing.

You could spawn a Satchel via createVehicle and then use the SetTimer action to set the timer to 30 seconds.

_bomb = "PipeBomb" createVehicle markerPos "someMarker";
someUnit action ["SetTimer", someUnit, _bomb];

Edit:

Or use TouchOff action instead to make it blow up instantly.

Edited by Clayman

The main problem is the unit that places the satchel has to be alive and within 300m of the satchel in order for anyone to use the touchOff command.

If you want an "editor placed" bomb use triggers and fake it.

place any single AI at the bomb site, place this in init line of AI:

removeAllWeapons this;
this addMagazine "PipeBomb";
this Fire ["PipeBombMuzzle"];
this allowDammage false; this setCaptive true; this setPos [getPos this select 0, getPos this select 1, -100];

_null = this spawn {
if (!isServer) exitWith {};
_grp = group _this;
sleep 120;
_this action ["TOUCHOFF", _this];
deleteVehicle _this; deleteGroup _grp;
};

now AI will place satchel at his position, then be setCAptive and invulnarable and moved 100 meter underground.

after 120 seconds (sleep 120; ) ai will blow satchel, then be deleted along with his group.

edit: you can probably use hideObject instead of setPosing, but i can think of a few issues, like an invicible wall over satchel etc...

Edited by Demonized
edit, error in deletegroup part, fixed.

Hey demonized if that works you are the shit! I have a group of missions that take place right in a row. In one mission a SF units needs to take out the powerplant which will turn off the lights VIA a script that will shut off the power. The next mission will start when the lights go off and a second SF units needs to take out a radar building in the heart of the city. I will try this out thank:)s