Description:Unhappy with the ingame Mora IFV, we have decided to edit it with the aim of making it more true to its real-life counterpart.
We basically nerfed the hell out of it to make it more realistic.
As I'm doing all this on my HP Probook, I'm not able to provide a demonstration video (of decent quality) at this time. I'll do my best to sort something out in the near future.
Features: - Woodland and Desert retextures (reworked Grace's textures)
- Added Woodland and Desert SLAT armour and camouflage nets- Autocannon (L21A1 RARDEN) has 6 round magazines and a lot slower rate of fire- RARDEN uses correct ammunition and a realistic amount (27 HE-T and 15 APDS-T magazines)- RARDEN doesn't reload automatically (the gunner has to press R or select the ammunition type)- Tweaked reload times - Coaxial machine gun (L94A1 Chaingun) has 11 magazines of 200 rounds and also a lot slower rate of fire- Turret traverse and gun elevation has also been slowed down to a realistic level- Turret stabilisation removed- The gunner can traverse (and fire) when turned out
- Weapon safety- ACE inventory for a full section replen- And other small tweaks...
On the RARDEN...
The weapon has a pretty unique reload system that we, due to engine limitations, were not able to simulate fully. In reality it uses 3 round clips, two of which can be loaded in the magazine at the same time. Now the trick is, you can fire all six rounds in automatic, however the reload will be slower because the next round has to be manually cranked into place by the commander (we also couldn't get the commander to reload and select ammunition type, seems to be hardcoded to the gunner). But, if you fired just the first three rounds, the commander would be able to put another clip in the magazine and cranking wouldn't be necessary. In short: we had a choice between reloading every three rounds or having a slower reload every six. In the end, we've decided that it was more important to have 6 rounds ready to go if the situation requires it.
On ACE 3 dependency...
I honestly have no clue why it depends on it... The vehicle breaks completely when launching without it. It seems to be an inheritance issue, which is strange because it inherits from the vanilla APC_Tracked_03_base_F, autocannon_30mm and LMG_coax.
I would love to make it vanilla friendly, but for the time being we've put in ACE items in the inventory since it already depends on it.
If anyone could provide assistance with the reload system or the ACE dependency it would be greatly appreciated!
Installation:Unpack and copy the @20th AIB Realistic Warrior folder into your game folder.Included files:20AIB_Warrior_Public.pbo20AIB_Warrior_Public.pbo.20AIB_Gundich.bisign
https://i.imgur.com/FamkuYt.jpgNotes:ACE is required (the mod completely breaks without it, unsure why)We fully recommend that Grace's Real FV510 Handling and power mod is used in conjunction with this one, as it provides realistic handling.Credits & Thanks:20th Armoured Infantry Brigade Mod Creation Team:Gundich (Choffix) - Configs and texturesKeown - Provided most of the information on the WarriorDexter - Configs
With - Media
Rory Murphy for starting this project two years ago
Grace for his textures.
and Bohemia Interactive for the Mora 3D model, configs and the game to rule them allChangelog:v1.00- Initial release
- Added compatibility with Tanks DLC
- Tank DLC features such as SLAT and camo nets fully functional in both woodland and desert colour scheme
- Merged woodland and desert variants into one vehicle, textures can be changed through the garage feature
- Added safety
- Tweaked inventory
- Various other minor tweaks
- Fixed weapon inheritance
- Turret magically stabilises itself when in cockpit freelook (seems like an engine limitation)
- Gunner MFD not displaying fully correct information regarding ammunition
- "unknown animation source muzzle_hide_cannon" (unsure what causes it, shouldn't affect gameplay)
Requirements:Advanced Combat Environment 3 (ACE 3)
Community Base addons A3