I will post some of my impressions ;)
- sounds -
- explosions effects - as above,
- after explosion smoke (from distance looks like from movie) - as above,
- weapon barrel smoke - as above,
- improved AI accuracy - as above - only on higher distances they seem to be a bit too much deadly. In close and medium combat it's cool.
- granades -
- animations - as above,
- removing number of ammo and magazines from HUD - as above.
But here I have one suggestion that I think I read somewhere before.
What about menu action "Check ammo"? It can works with proper animation of soldier removing ammo clip and checking how much does it weight to rate how many bullets left. Script check number of ammo and show infobox with information:
- "Empty" - If e.g. there is 0% of ammo,
- "Almost empty" - If e.g. there is <10%,
It is not feature of kind "I want this or Ill cry". It just can be helpful and improve feel of realism.
And here two observations.
Enemy soldiers used to use bandages in open ground and under fire. Shouldn't they first run somewhere to hide?
I don't know how this looks from programming point of view. This is only my impression.
And finally I was twice a witness of wonder of resurrection. Soldier after being killed (he was lying dead on the ground with bloody face) start to healing after few seconds.
Summary - OFP is now harder game. Gameplay comes with much more enjoyment and satisfaction. I am not an modding expert but just for player it looks awesome.
Thank you guys for your hard work. Final effect is worth it.
Best wishes. :)