Sign in to follow this  
duckmeister

Operation Arrowhead questions

So, right now I have ArmA 2 standalone. I was thinking about getting Operation Arrowhead soon, but I have a few questions:

1. How do they combine? Can I just install Operation Arrowhead into my ArmA 2 directory and they'll automatically combine? I really don't want to have to run a bunch of .cmd files to get the same effect as getting Combined Operations.

2. Is Operation Arrowhead affected by any original ArmA 2 patches? Specifically, has it received the same improvements in the 1.07 patch or is that coming in a future patch for Operation Arrowhead itself?

3. What does the combination of ArmA 2 and OA involve? Can I play all of the same campaigns, missions, etc. that come with ArmA 2 in OA using OA's updated engine? I realize that some user missions may not have the same compatibility, but what about the BIS-made items? Would I be able to open up the mission editor and select from Utes, Chernarus, and Takistan and play all three in the same updated engine?

I'm sorry if these questions have been asked before.

Thanks in advance.

When you install OA it asks if you wish to combine it with ARMA2.

Not 100% sure on the patches.

You can play all of arma2 and OA missions yes, also you can use arma2 content with oa content to create mixed missions :)

When you install OA it asks if you wish to combine it with ARMA2.

Not 100% sure on the patches.

You can play all of arma2 and OA missions yes, also you can use arma2 content with oa content to create mixed missions :)

Ah, thanks. That's a relief about the combination of the two, I'm glad it's just a hassle-free "yes, I would like to combine" option.

Sorry about that I didn't click the link because I didn't know what the hell it was talking about. I had ArmA II originally and then bought OA. All I did was install it and it was fine. and it most certainly does answer question 3 somewhere in there.

and question 1.

Edited by Jakerod

Sorry about that I didn't click the link because I didn't know what the hell it was talking about. I had ArmA II originally and then bought OA. All I did was install it and it was fine. and it most certainly does answer question 3 somewhere in there.

and question 1.

Excellent, thanks.