Sign in to follow this  
Azza FHI

[SP\CO 20] Operation Dawn Skorpion

Some more info about the mission?

Is this for A2 or OA ?

sorry its first time makin posting a mission. but anyway its for OA, u dont need anything from arma2. ur a group of elite german ksk and have to carry out a sabotage and an assination in zargabad.

iv made it so that if u have max players on (20) u can do a full assault on the town and come up against quite a large number of enemy, or if there is only 4 or so u can snipe the target and covertly carry out the obj's. ull still come up against a few enemy u need to engage but not as many.

it all works on triggers, the only scripts running are revive and the briefing.

P.S. when u evac, if there is a teamkiller with u the UN independant will engage u and screw up the evac, so check ur fire. teamkillers include people who kill civillians

heaps of civillians in the town to add realism

Edited by Azer1234

put it on my server today,playtested it 30min ago - two times server freezed ...

It looks that everytime when u spawned and wanted to change your gear,so you go drop your spawn gear in the box,you cant pickup any new weapon anymore,nor can you restart the mission or even do something admin related to it - had to take the server offline to get acess to it again

So,like said - i can avoid the server crash when NOT using any more extra gear it seems - need to confirm that but right now i cant find the motivation to do it

Sadly i havnt bothered checking out the rest of the mission - but i´m eager to do so,especially the civilian life feature looks quite promising so far by reading the briefing

Hope you check on that issue

cheers

probably should have mensiond that there is no respawn. if u run out of revive time (300 secs) u go into spectate. i made this mish for realsim not for people who like to respawn all the time.

Yep we had the same prob ....sever freeze after everyone goes to change their gear...after the third attempt it worked..but very laggy.

wasnt it coz the first 2 times i wost hosting then we changed to the vma server and it was sweet? there wasnt much lag at all after that. or have u played it since?

@thescar, might have misinterpreted before. if u were just trying to change ur gear at the start then i dont know what the problem is. we played with 20 people and it was all good the other night, try running only arrowhead and not arma2 aswell.

Edited by Azer1234

Ahhh yes sorry my bad...but it is strange that TheScar is getting the same prob.

I think it was a hard mission for the VMA server to run......not your fault but did ruin the mission for me.

damn cheap slow server!!

Edited by DMC_RULEZ

i m giving it a 2nd try today ... any chance of giving out a "CombOps" version of this mission too as u made it with OA_standalone because that way it would be more comfortable for my server/any CombOp server?

Well,i´ll better check again first before jumping the gun lol

i run combine ops but i disable the arma 2 expansion by temporarily removing the 'dta' and 'addons' folders from my directory. (this is so i cant put A2 units in a mission coz if someone is only running standalone it screws up)

it shouldnt make a difference if u run combops or OA standalone, i think if u experience trouble its coz ur server does not have a good enough upload speed as this mission has very heavy AI. hope it works out, was great with 20 ppl

tested it 3 times yesterday again (with different conditions)

the ammo crate thing got obviously nothing to do with it - the server crashed each time after 1min in the game ... checking the server logs again now

Gotta say its kinda hard to believe that my server can run this mission --> http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11245 (205 playable slots) but then crashing on your mission

Seriously,help me get this fixed/find the error because i want to play your mission on my server - i always demanded missions with hvy Civ presence,now you cant leave me out there with knowing there´s such a mission but its not playable on my server :eek:

edit:

played the mission both in SP and on my server again,cleared both client and server.rpt files and here´s the result

Client rpt @ SP/missions

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

Updating base class ->RscText, by ca\ui\config.bin/RscSplashText/

Added texture headers from file "ca\air_e\texheaders.bin"

Added texture headers from file "ca\animals_e\texheaders.bin"

Added texture headers from file "ca\ca_e\texheaders.bin"

Added texture headers from file "ca\characters_e\texheaders.bin"

Added texture headers from file "ca\desert_e\texheaders.bin"

Added texture headers from file "ca\l39\texheaders.bin"

Added texture headers from file "ca\misc_e\texheaders.bin"

Added texture headers from file "ca\missions_e\texheaders.bin"

Added texture headers from file "ca\modules_e\texheaders.bin"

Added texture headers from file "ca\plants_e\texheaders.bin"

Added texture headers from file "ca\roads_e\texheaders.bin"

Added texture headers from file "ca\rocks_e\texheaders.bin"

Added texture headers from file "ca\signs_e\texheaders.bin"

Added texture headers from file "ca\structures_e\texheaders.bin"

Added texture headers from file "ca\takistan\data\texheaders.bin"

Added texture headers from file "ca\takistan\data\layers\texheaders.bin"

Added texture headers from file "ca\tracked_e\texheaders.bin"

Added texture headers from file "ca\weapons_e\texheaders.bin"

Added texture headers from file "ca\wheeled_e\texheaders.bin"

Added texture headers from file "ca\zargabad\texheaders.bin"

Checking texture headers done - ok = 5591, failed = 0, patched = 0.

Exe version: 1.52.71816

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: kia_uaz_cargo02

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: uaz_cargo02

Mission Operation_Dawn_Skorpion.Zargabad: Number of roles (20) is different from 'description.ext::Header::maxPlayer' (15)

ca\structures_e\housea\a_statue\a_statue_ep1.p3d: house, config class missing

222dd800# 93745: rubasicweapons.p3d is not soldier nor transport.

No transport

Bad conversion: scalar

Saving undefined enum value -2147483648 / 6, context /SlowVehicles/VisibleFar/Vehicles/Item0.activationType

Saving undefined enum value -2147483648 / 6, context /SlowVehicles/VisibleFar/Vehicles/Item1.activationType

Saving undefined enum value -2147483648 / 6, context /SlowVehicles/VisibleFar/Vehicles/Item2.activationType

Creating debriefing

Server rpt @ MP/server

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

Updating base class ->RscText, by ca\ui\config.bin/RscSplashText/

Added texture headers from file "ca\air_e\texheaders.bin"

Added texture headers from file "ca\animals_e\texheaders.bin"

Added texture headers from file "ca\ca_e\texheaders.bin"

Added texture headers from file "ca\characters_e\texheaders.bin"

Added texture headers from file "ca\desert_e\texheaders.bin"

Added texture headers from file "ca\l39\texheaders.bin"

Added texture headers from file "ca\misc_e\texheaders.bin"

Added texture headers from file "ca\missions_e\texheaders.bin"

Added texture headers from file "ca\modules_e\texheaders.bin"

Added texture headers from file "ca\plants_e\texheaders.bin"

Added texture headers from file "ca\roads_e\texheaders.bin"

Added texture headers from file "ca\rocks_e\texheaders.bin"

Added texture headers from file "ca\signs_e\texheaders.bin"

Added texture headers from file "ca\structures_e\texheaders.bin"

Added texture headers from file "ca\takistan\data\texheaders.bin"

Added texture headers from file "ca\takistan\data\layers\texheaders.bin"

Added texture headers from file "ca\tracked_e\texheaders.bin"

Added texture headers from file "ca\weapons_e\texheaders.bin"

Added texture headers from file "ca\wheeled_e\texheaders.bin"

Added texture headers from file "ca\zargabad\texheaders.bin"

Checking texture headers done - ok = 5591, failed = 0, patched = 0.

Mission Operation_Dawn_Skorpion.Zargabad: Number of roles (20) is different from 'description.ext::Header::maxPlayer' (15)

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: kia_uaz_cargo02

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: uaz_cargo02

SetFace error: custom face texture not found in c:\dokumente und einstellungen\gameadmin\lokale einstellungen\anwendungsdaten\arma 2 oa\players\thescar\

SetFace error: custom face texture not found in c:\dokumente und einstellungen\gameadmin\lokale einstellungen\anwendungsdaten\arma 2 oa\players\thescar\

ca\structures_e\housea\a_statue\a_statue_ep1.p3d: house, config class missing

15cf1800# 93745: rubasicweapons.p3d is not soldier nor transport.

No transport

Server: Update of object 2:524 arrived from nonowner

Like said/or seen - clientside it works like charm but on the server it immidiatly crashes after like max 1min ingame - maybe "Number of roles (20) is different from 'description.ext::Header::maxPlayer' (15)" is a issue for it

Edited by TheScar
additional info

ill have my mate look at it for u as i dont understand it.

otherwise on tuesday (after we play and test it) i will post my next mission wich uses the same civilian AI, but is a far better mission as this one i was still learning a few things.