Sign in to follow this  
thr0tt

Latest Beta Patch: 72107

Due to other things I only have limited time in the latest betas but after a few nights playing MP with build 72107 I wonder if anyone else experiencing increased instability/number of CTD's in MP?

No CTD problems in SP only in MP for me but since it's been really hot around here it could be other causes than the beta...

Also, this may be old news and I did not have my screen capture prog loaded. In MP the (OPFOR) carry animation resulted in some wierd artifacts that looked something from a bad horror movie, it was when some in my group picked up another soldier on his shoulders.

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Dwarden & Suma - I've got those Anistropic Filtering screenshots for you.

This is in all versions of OA (maybe base game too haven't checked).

I took a set of 3 shots.

#1 - AF off.

#2 - In game AF at max.

#3 - In-Game AF OFF, but Nvidia control panel settings at max override. You can see half-way back a siginificant difference. Each screeshot is unaltered and I cut out shots #4 and #5 so it's easier to see.

The override settings are:

Ansitropic Filtering: 16x

Negative LOD Bias: Clamp

I had to create a zipfile because the 5 pics are big (9 Meg total):

http://www.jeffpinard.com/ArmA2OA_Anistropic_Filtering.zip

I'm probably one of those people who blurry/muddy textures bothers, but many people might not notice.

This is with most games. In game AF is more optimized and maybe low quality and apply not to all surfaces. If you force it through nvidia control panel is like a brute force AF that apply to the whole scene and you may get less performance with better image quality.

Ohh forgott to add that very annyoing issue with the Littlebird (US MH-6) in MP where it gets damaged if someone run towards/into it while on ground, and be sure, that happens all the time when playing on public server and using MH-6 as airtaxi.

Probably related, the MH-6 also seems to get damaged if someone jumps out of it to early while still in air.

Please look into this since the LB is such a joy to fly in Takistan valleys :)

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

I have no performance loss with 16x AF (force in Nvidia control panel)

same FPS...

@EricM

i have also notice more warping in BE warfare. ping was good but maybe is it a desync problem?? :confused:

Probably related, the MH-6 also seems to get damaged if someone jumps out of it to early while still in air.

/KC

Don't think this is a bug, but simply reflects the chopper getting suddenly(!) out of balance because of the additional weight lost on one side. Though I feel it maybe a bit overdone as the chopper tilts ~30° because of it, often resulting in some unwanted contact with the environment when you are landing in a confined space.

Don't think this is a bug, but simply reflects the chopper getting suddenly(!) out of balance because of the additional weight lost on one side. Though I feel it maybe a bit overdone as the chopper tilts ~30° because of it, often resulting in some unwanted contact with the environment when you are landing in a confined space.

Good thinking there and you could be right but it would be easy to test by flying at let say 10 m and have one guy jump off, if MH-6 receives damage something is wrong IMO and as you say even if it's intentional at low altitude it seems a bit overdone.

Will see if I can convince some of my peers to do that text next time...

/KC

Good thinking there and you could be right but it would be easy to test by flying at let say 10 m and have one guy jump off, if MH-6 receives damage something is wrong IMO and as you say even if it's intentional at low altitude it seems a bit overdone.

Will see if I can convince some of my peers to do that text next time...

/KC

I had this already "tested" this weekend in a Domination session. I had the thing happen twice to me in the same session. First while being close to the ground in an attempt to land at the base. I just flew low and slow over a barrack when someone jumped off and I apparently hit something nearby resulting in a crash landing (but no cassualties). At this moment I thought I was hit by something.

After some R&R at the base I took of for the next "Main" target. A passenger wanted to go somewhere else, apparently didn't want to wait and jumped off while in transit well above ground. Again a significant "twitch" in the flight balance but no harm done this time.

After that I told my passengers not to jump out before touch-down. :cool:

Wonder if it will stay balanced if two passangers jumps of from each side simultaneously, pretty cool if this is actually modelled :)

But that run towards/into MH-6 = damaged heli needs a fix, it's a pain flying on-line on crowded servers.

/KC

Just tested with an AI squad ordering one by one to eject and no twitching - odd... Probably real players have more weight :)

Edited by WhoCares

Received one CTD last night after playing for ~120+ minutes on CF server (PvsP ~40-60 players), crashdump files available at link below if dev's are interested...

http://keycat.no-ip.com/files/A2OA_B72107_CrashDump01.zip

Was piloting the MH-6 with 4-5 passengers while it happend. Don't know if it was just a fluke or related to above CTD but after re-joining the server again I lost my sound completely after ~10 minutes and had to shut down the computer completly to regain it in Windows.

Soundcard built into MB (Gigabyte GA-EX38-DQ6):

Realtek ALC889A High Definition Audio System (OS: XP Pro 32-bit, driver version R2.24)

/KC

Edited by KeyCat