Sign in to follow this  
MaxiVsr10

Civilian Casualties Counter

Hi everybody,

I'm in big trouble with a my TvT Missions. I'll try to explain my issue in simple and few words.

Basically I would like to have a counter for each side (one for West,one for East) wich counts the number of civilians killed by the players of the side. When the number ( for instance 5) has been reached the missions ends with a text message who says that the mission ended because the side (West-East) killed too civilian.

Please before answer to me keen in mind that I don't know how to do a counter and I'm not an expert mission maker.

Thanks everybody for your help.This forum rulez!

That'd be mega, I always feel empty at never knowing how many accounts of warcrimes I could be tried for :D

Maybe I have not been clear. I have ALREADY checked and read about the post of yesterday (and not only that one) and there no trace about solving my problem or talking about the "counter" and my problem in detail.

Kylania, it is really simple to answer to check and bla bla withou reading MY post before and really understand what's is written in my post

Anyway,thanks the same.

I still keep to go on with my research.

I probably don't have the whole answer... locality confuses the heck out of me most of the time so I won't try to get into it in case the below doesn't just work "out of the box"...

if you're placing the civies manually though, which would maybe be recommendable if you're new to mission making, you can give each of them an eventhandler in their init field like this:

this addeventhandler ["killed",{
switch (side (_this select 1)) do
{
case west: {civs_killed_by_west = civs_killed_by_west + 1};
case east: {civs_killed_by_east = civs_killed_by_east + 1};
};
}];

the gist of it is that you check the side of the killer and then add 1 to the appropriate counter.

in a trigger you can then do:

condition: civs_killed_by_west > 5

act: hint "west are a bunch of murdering scum"

and same for east

you have to initialise the two variables also I think, can do that in the init.sqf:

civs_killed_by_west = 0;

civs_killed_by_east = 0;

Now if you insist on using the civilian Module... you can possibly combine the above with what you can find here http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=74433

Many many thanks to warmingo!!! This works perfectly. The only problem now is to attach the counting of civilian casualties to a permanent counter (could be posed to the right of the screen) which shows the number of civilian casualties by the 2 sides....

Still many thanks.At least the first part has been solved.