Sign in to follow this  
KC Grimes

Enemy AI - No Move, No Fire, but Auto Position

I am working on a training mission for the 3rd ID that focuses mainly on target recognition with the new terrain, models, and overall coloring of Operation Arrowhead. Because it is just a simple identification drill, I do not want the OPFOR AI firing at BLUFOR.

I currently use this line of code to supposedly keep the AI from moving and firing as well as also making them pick a position suitable for their surroundings.

this setUnitPos "AUTO"; this disableAI "MOVE"; this disableAI "ANIM";

The disable Move works, I assume the disable Anim keeps them from doing anything (ie Firing), but the setUnitPos AUTO is not doing anything. I tried trading the AUTO for DOWN to get them prone but to no effect. How can I go about at least getting them manually prone, crouched, or standing, if I can't do it with the auto?

I do believe if I were to add a waypoint for each individually placed AI to Never Move and Never Fire this would work fine, but I'd rather use a bit of script like this.

Thanks!

Try this:

this setUnitPos "AUTO"; this disableAI "MOVE"; this disableAI "TARGET"; this disableAI "AUTOTARGET";

Worked, thank you very much.

I also took away their ammo just to make sure. Never thought of that at first haha.

Grimes, that's a neat idea! Would you release that on Armaholic for the rest of us too?

Once things settle down a bit more in OA I'll release public versions of what we use in the 3rd ID, I've got a bunch of training maps for different uses/situations.