Sign in to follow this  
Antonkr

Steam Combined Operation mods don't allow me to play on some servers.

I am not sure if this is supposed to happen but when I download a mod and put the files into their folders. It doesn't allow me to go on some servers saying that mod does not include the key. It is maybe because I am just throwing the files into the add-ons directory. I am pretty new to the multiplayer so advice would be really appreciated.

There is nothing you can do about it except remove the mods for when you want to go on that server. some servers do not allow mods so you won't be able to join those servers.

In fact most public servers do not allow any mods at all, since mods are heavily used for cheats. Some Sever do not even allow the use of beta patches since this is a altered file.

Some mods are signed to allow cheatfree MP wit mods, but servers that allow the one dont allow the other. Best solution is to make yourself a shortcut without any mods in the command line for MP only.

Thats what I would do but the only way for me to access Combined Operations is via steam which means I have no other way of doing it other then steam.

this works for me an i have both on steam "open steam go to your library left click on the AO program then right click on properties open set launch options put this in the line "nosplash -mod=@GLT_F16 " without the quotes. And when stem loads it, it will load all mods in this line. you have to have the mods an your AO folder "example @GLT_F16 folder most be an the AO folder.