Sign in to follow this  
Toasticuss

Team Switching is freezing my game

Hello all, I have enabled team switching in my SP mission and whenever a player dies the game will just freeze with his body laying on the ground.

The only thing I can open is the map, after that I have to control alt delete and end the process to get the game to close. Cant press ESC or anything.

I did a search and it said this was fixed in ARMA2 1.03 or something like that.

Did they not incorporate it into OA? Or am I setting it up wrong by only having them all playable, is their something else I should add to their inits?

Maybe i'm wrong but, when i try to swith to other unit in my mission a slow effect is add until i choose another unit. So maybe you have to execut the teamswitch only for player with something like this:

_Unitarray = [unit1,unit2,unit3...etc]

If (_Unitarray=player) then ...

Maybe i'm wrong but, when i try to swith to other unit in my mission a slow effect is add until i choose another unit. So maybe you have to execut the teamswitch only for player with something like this:

_Unitarray = [unit1,unit2,unit3...etc]

If (_Unitarray=player) then ...

Unit switching works perfectly fine while alive.

The problem happens if I were to throw a grenade at my self or get shot it will not switch to anyone else it will just freeze the screen.

I thought they fixed that in version 1.03, the problem used to be using the menu's to switch while pressing "T" was fine.

The problem used to happen when you die and the unit you switch too is also dead, the only fix was to restart as you couldn't exit the game.

I thought they fixed that in version 1.03, the problem used to be using the menu's to switch while pressing "T" was fine.

The problem used to happen when you die and the unit you switch too is also dead, the only fix was to restart as you couldn't exit the game.

Its apparently no longer fixed. :(

Is it freezing when previewing in the editor?

Does it happen if you start a clean map, add 2 playable units, kill yourself and switch?

do you have any addons?

Is it freezing when previewing in the editor?

Does it happen if you start a clean map, add 2 playable units, kill yourself and switch?

do you have any addons?

Freezing happens in the Editor, and when exported to Scenario Mission.

Does NOT freeze on a clean map.

I do not have any addons.

I do not know what could be interfering with it, could it be something with an End trigger where it gets stuck between ending the mission and switching units?

Also the medic does not follow orders from an AI Squad leader, whats up with that?

Edited by Toasticuss

Here is a clean mission I made

http://www.mediafire.com/?mtw5jgmzjio

Switch to any of the squad members besides the Team leader and throw a grenade at your feet and the whole game will freeze.

I don't even have an End trigger. Is this a massive glitch?

(Sorry about the double post, thought it would auto merge.)

Edited by Toasticuss

I can't seem to download your file, site says it's deleted. If you re-up it somewhere I'll check it out.

Ah, you called the unit "player" but that is a taken statement, you can't call them "if" or "then" either.

I guess it's silly that it doesn't check for that and tell you it isn't possible.

Ah, you called the unit "player" but that is a taken statement, you can't call them "if" or "then" either.

I guess it's silly that it doesn't check for that and tell you it isn't possible.

So if I call them player1 would it work?

I believe it will.

Alright thank you very much. I didn't think "player" was a game variable that was so important.