Sign in to follow this  
quicksilver67

OA co2 One Shot, one kill error.

In position over target, my partner and I put the target down, and received message "task accomplished," we then pulled back under serious attention, only to receive another message "task failed." It'd be nice if someone check the scripting on that one.

I like that mission and have played about with it in the editor, it seems very odd you getting those conflicting messages, has it only happend once or?

I'll have a look at the code and see if there is any reason i can think of why it might be doing that

@Chacne how do you play that mission in editor? any link would be helpful.

Unpack the Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\Addons\missions_e.pbo file, then under missions_e\scenarios you'll find the SPE1_OneShotOneKill.Takistan folder. Copy that to your C:\Users\WindowsUsername\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\ArmAPlayerName\missions folder, then you can open it in your Editor.

If you're not sure how to do that, let me know. :)

I also got this error...

im pretty sure i know what caused it for me though.. He was escaping into the helicopter and i killed him after he got in... But the rotors were already spinning so the helicopter took off.. and i failed. Even though he was dead..

Pretty funny i thought, but still frustrating - i didnt bother to redo the mission after that..

It worked correctly for me. Lost my spotter though. Although if I play it again I want to take out the helicopter's tail rotor or the pilot with an m107 and kill him that way.