Sign in to follow this  
Victiln

Massive Desync Problem OA

I have searched and found plenty of other players with desync problems in OA multiplayer. Were there are special missions and places where they desync, however that is not the problem for me, I am desyncing nomatter where I go.

With a solid rig including i7-940 gtx295 and a solid 10/2mb connection I get high fps and low ping, however this just doesn't seem to cut it. I am new to arma multiplayer but from what I have seen from videoes etc. The desync/lag is close to non exsisting. I want to know how the **** to get my game running better in multiplayer? I got 20 ping but I see other players rubberbanding and getting constant dcs. Everybody is jumping around and I am honestly dissapointet by the multiplayer out of the box.

I have tried downloading alot of addons CBA, ACE etc thinking that they would work, but no dice. I honestly have no clue what to do, I tried all that I could think of and it happens on all servers.

Please somebody share with me some kinda magic trick please? :yay:

Im with you brother. Every server i go on i get that most hated yellow chain and my desync rises and rises even when im on a local server. Arma 2 online is so freaking fun that it makes me almost suicidal that i cant play at all.

SOMEBODY HELP US!

Most likely down to the server being setup poorly... If a server has 30 players you'll most likely get slight desync due to the number of events going on, of course this is mission dependant.

I'm guessing by "all servers" you mean ones running domination...? That seems to be what most people go for, I suggest trying a smaller server running a coop and see if you still get it.

I agree with rex; most of the time I've played on servers running Domi/Evo/etc. I've gotten poor performance, especially when the server is full w/ tons of AI running around. But when playing coop with 14-22 players I've hardly ever experienced those issues.