Sign in to follow this  
JuggernautOfWar

Operation Arrowhead Surround Sound

Does Operation Arrowhead support 6 channel surround sound? I know ArmA and ArmA 2 have supported it, but in OA the voices and weapons in front sound very quiet while music and effects coming from the side are quite loud.

Interesting, Ive been having the same problem but thought is was just me. Tell me does it happen all the time for you? , because for me it seems to happen randomly sometimes it sounds fine and then suddenly it sounds like some one put suppressor on my center speaker speaker.

BTW here is my setup; Audio samples at 32, see my Sig for sound card and OS.

Any particular reason you've got audio sampling at 32? Mine's at 128. I haven't played long enough to tell if it happens all the time or just sometimes. Work in the morning, already up too late.:(

No particular reason other than I cant tell the difference personally between the different sample rates so I thought 32 would suffice, I'll give 128 a go and post results.

No particular reason other than I cant tell the difference personally between the different sample rates so I thought 32 would suffice, I'll give 128 a go and post results.

You will probably only notice the difference in large firefights. The value controls the number of individual 3D sound "voices" the engine uses. So if there are a lot of things happening around you, like explosions, gunfire sounds, engine sounds etc. and there are more than whatever value you have, the engine will not play some of them. (Probably prioritized based on volume or something.)

It's easiest to test in an attack helicopter when firing FFARs at the ground. Set the samples to "16", then try it. When there are enough explosions, you will notice the sound of the rotors cutting out. Now try the same with "128" samples and that shouldn't happen anymore.

I don't have that issue, but I have a similar issue that seems to be that the audio gets quiet around the edges of the speaker (when turning away from an audio source) but loud in the centre of each speaker (including the centre speaker), posted that in the bug thread.