Sign in to follow this  
Nordo

"Patch 1.07 available for download"

Hello all,

Forgive me if this has been posted before (found nothing through forum-search), or if this is a ridiculous question in the first place..

Basically I am having an annoying message box that reads "Patch 1.07 available for download", which pops up every time I search for servers.

I have the sprocket pay-for-download version, and had to reinstall my game because my computer froze the first time I ran the 1.07 update installer. My download retail version is 1.05 so I reinstalled and downloaded the 1.05-1.07 patch and I still get this message.

Is this a generic message that is displayed for everyone regardless of their version? Something that will go away after a few weeks?

-Thanks

I'm encountering the same problem but I have a hard-copy/store-bought version.

I believe it's the UK version of ArmA2 DVD that I have but I bought it from CDWOW Australia.

The only thing that I can think of is that I had 1.05 installed but I ran the 1.00 to 1.07 update. I downloaded the 1.00 to 1.07 update for future reinstalls, instead of just downloading the 1.05 to 1.07 update...

...which I have also ran subsequently as well just to be sure and recognised that I already had 1.07 installed?!

The bottom-right of the main screen in ArmA2 states that I'm running 1.07 but I can't join any 1.07 servers. Oddly a couple of days ago when I first installed the 1.00 to 1.07 patch over 1.05, I was getting a "Patch 1.05 available for download" message?!

use cmdline

-noPatchCheck

e.g.

arma2.exe -noPatchCheck

Thanks Dwarden, your workaround seems to be serving me well.

Mad rabbit - have you tried reinstalling and updating the patches incrementally?

All the best!

Edited by Nordo

I was able to connect to some servers running 1.07 but not others. I loaded the game with Kegetys ArmA2 Launcher but loaded no addons. As such it's hard to tell if it was server lock of some-sort or a lack of version compatibility.

So I've done a fresh install...albeit into the 'residual' game directory, then ran the 1.01 to 1.07 update. I'm still encountering the same problem i.e. "Patch 1.07 available for download" message still appearing and hit + miss with server connection.

I wish the 'kicked from server' message was more informative, like back in OFP days when it used to tell exactly which PBO fils/addons you were missing.

God I miss the OFP days...

Just did a 2nd fresh install that was even 'fresher' this time around.

i.e. deleted old directory including any and all addons, deleted all ArmA2 registry settings, etc.

...and I'm still getting the "Patch 1.07 available for download" message in addition to being kicked from some 1.07 servers.

1) Is the "Patch 1.07 available for download" supposed to come up even if you have 1.07 installed?

2) Anybody having problem connecting to some 1.07 servers?

3) Is there a better way to find out why I'm getting kicked from 1.07 servers?

Having the same problem trying to get my own dds working. None of the people with the Steam patched version can connect, it just boots them off with "Bad Version".

I get the same message when joining a server thats running ArmA 2 1.07 v only.....

I have installed ArmA 2 Arrowhead [sprocket V]into my Arma 2 Dir which turned it into a Combined Game.... When Joining a Server which has Arrowhead only I have no problem thier and same with a Combined Server....

But Joining a Server that only has ArmA 2 v1.07 I get the Message "Patch 1.07 available for download".... so just press ok and I still get in without any problems.... to get rid of the message add -nopatchcheck to your shortcut exe

Alot of server don't say what they are running ..such as standalone or Combined and then you also have servers that are running signatures on aswell which can also block you from getting in......

Personnal opinion.... Get ArmA 2 Arrowhead and find Servers that your happy with and stick with them....make shall they have forums running so you can keep uptodate on whats running with in the servers.

Edited by [OGN]DarkPhantom

To fix the patch message use this:

use cmdline

-noPatchCheck

e.g.

arma2.exe -noPatchCheck

As for getting kicked, check if battleye was installed, if not download and install it from the battleye website (google it with that name).

My bad guys. I just found out the other server I was trying to join was an 'Operation Arrowhead' server only!

Unfortunately it does not say this anywhere in the title of this server or the obvious forum post for my (former) favourite server that this was so, and combined with the lack of "this server is running Operation Arrowhead' only messages as opposed to just 'Bad Version' messages, I hope you can all understand why I thought this was a patching issue.

Thankyou to all that replied though!