Sign in to follow this  
st!gar

Harvest Red campaign: How important is finding evidence?

Hey. As you probably know, there are missions in the ArmA 2 "Harvest Red"-campaign in which you have as an objective to find "evidence". Usually this involves looking around objective locations for things to pick up. Photographs and maps and things.

Point is; how important are these for the outcome of the plot? The reason I'm asking is because I'm terrified that I'll forget to pick up one single photograph or something in the third mission, and because of this get a horrible ending some twelve missions later where everyone dies and the universe collapses in on itself. :rolleyes:

Let's put it like this, very important.

You have to define further. I need to know this, if I am to play the game. I don't care if you feel like you have to slap a spoiler-tag on it, just please let me know what you are talking about. "It's very important" is obviously just not cutting it.

The reason I'm asking is because I'm terrified that I'll forget to pick up one single photograph or something in the third mission, and because of this get a horrible ending some twelve missions later where everyone dies and the universe collapses in on itself.

Really? You're terrified of this? It's just a game, dude. Relax.

Anyway, I don't think you need to to collect 100% evidence to get the "good" ending.

Really? You're terrified of this? It's just a game, dude. Relax.

So what? Seeing as it is, in fact, a game, (as you so observantly pointed out.), I intend to, you know, win it. And for that reason, I'm not going to play through twelve fucking missions only for the Chedaki to rape everyone to death because I forgot to pick up photograph #3 in mission 2.

Anyway, I don't think you need to to collect 100% evidence to get the "good" ending.

You think, or you know?

I'm almost 100% sure that collecting every piece of evidence is not necesary to get a "good" ending.

Like you, I too, was worried about the lovely people of Chernarus getting pillaged by the Chedaki. ;)

I literally found 1 or two pieces of "evidence" and all turned out well. Later on, you will need to make more important decisions than finding evidence.

Good luck with the campaign. :)

Collecting evidence is not necessary to receive a good ending to the game. The evidence does come in handy towards the very end of the game though:

In the last mission of the game, titled "Dogs of War", you will be released into what is essentially free roam gameplay as the CDF battles over the whole of Chernarus with the Chedaki. Provided you have enough evidence (sorry, I don't know the exact amount), after recapturing the city of Chernagorsk Cpt. Shaftoe will contact you and send tanks, helicopters, and infantry to help you in the battle.

From a story standpoint, the evidence of war crimes serves as the USMC's excuse to the UN for their re-entry into Chernarus.

So, as you can see, the evidence isn't required, but certainly makes your mission a heck of a lot easier.

Edited by acrono01
Clarity

Collecting evidence is not necessary to receive a good ending to the game. The evidence does come in handy towards the very end of the game though:

In the last mission of the game, titled "Dogs of War", you will be released into what is essentially free roam gameplay as the CDF battles over the whole of Chernarus with the Chedaki. Provided you have enough evidence (sorry, I don't know the exact amount), after recapturing the city of Chernagorsk Cpt. Shaftoe will contact you and send tanks, helicopters, and infantry to help you in the battle.

From a story standpoint, the evidence of war crimes serves as the USMC's excuse to the UN for their re-entry into Chernarus.

So, as you can see, the evidence isn't required, but certainly makes your mission a heck of a lot easier.

That is a lovely post. Thanks a lot for the help. :)