Sign in to follow this  
snoutmaster

Operation Arrowhead Dedicated Server

try adding -exThreads=1

I was having same problem and that seems to have solved it.

Mosh, 1 was determined to be the best for dedicated servers, right?

BigBear, I think all these changes for the client threading/studdering are contaiminating the dedicated server, since they share the same codebase. For example, the dedicated server doesn't appear to use more than one core anymore. :(

Mosh, 1 was determined to be the best for dedicated servers, right?

I'm pretty sure, I noticed someone else posted this in the beta thread about a month ago. I haven't tried it on my dual core, just my quad (while running client also). So I really have no idea why or how, just that it works now. :)

Without the -exThreads=1 in my (arma2oaserver.exe) server command line, I couldn't load anything Arma 2 related, just OA stuff. Now it all loads, all islands, old addons, etc...

hm i have the strange issue that after loggin in i cannot chose any Team leader slot.

I can choose nonteam leader slot without any problem O.o

Any ideas ?

I use both A2 (1.07) and OA (1.52) with the switch above.

I have the same issue. It only seems to affect the OA missions. I'm starting to think it might be an error with the actual mission files, unrelated to the server configs, though I might be wrong. It seems if you run a "listen server", the host automatically gets put in the Team Leader slot and has no option to change slot. Perhaps the map maker accidentily set the Team Leader to be "Player" instead of "Multiplayer", or something like that? Like I said, I never actually touched the map editor, so I'm just guessing here.

It really needs to be fixed, though, if it is, in fact, a problem with the missions themselves.

I have the same issue. It only seems to affect the OA missions. I'm starting to think it might be an error with the actual mission files, unrelated to the server configs, though I might be wrong. It seems if you run a "listen server", the host automatically gets put in the Team Leader slot and has no option to change slot. Perhaps the map maker accidentily set the Team Leader to be "Player" instead of "Multiplayer", or something like that? Like I said, I never actually touched the map editor, so I'm just guessing here.

It really needs to be fixed, though, if it is, in fact, a problem with the missions themselves.

I have the issue on all OA missions too, i created a ticket here:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11643

I tested some online servers that use Combined Arms on all the same bug, on servers witout CA all works fine. It has something todo with the A2 contetn.

An Clan member mountet the A2 on his own Modfolder (He installed A2 and OA in differnet locations) there are no problemes.

UPDATE:

I looked in some of the missions with this bug and Nev1571 is right, it has something todo with the selection that the unit is PLAYER.

Edited by Clawhammer

Guys, a few notes:

There have been reports of servers that run combined OA + A2, or other mod folders as showing up with a red question mark in the server list to OA only clients. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=102169&highlight=red+question+mark

Think of the question mark is a software indicator of if your client has the same addons as the server. If it's a question mark, that means the client doesn't match and doesn't know if it will work, you'll just have to try connecting.

Since I'd expect A2 vets to ignore the bogus indicator, as they always have, (with sig checks, it would also sometimes appear red even though everything was fine) I have moved the old ArmA2\Addons and ArmA2\dta folders into a new modfolder called @ArmA2, and by doing that my server has become 'OA Standalone'. I don't recommend you do this, you won't be able to patch your ArmA2 unless you revert it back to normal. This way, new OA standalone folks (most new to ArmA2) will see a nice inviting green indicator, and the A2 and A2+OA guys will just have to figure it out. Since running combined arms will segregate the MP community, not allowing OA only people to join, it isn't a good idea for public servers. (and for some special private event that requires A2 addons, we just load up our -mod=@ArmA2 modfolder)

Hopefully BIS will provide some kind of idea or fix for some of these issues like the indicator. The addons loaded on the server are really irrelevant, it's whats in use by the mission running that is important (mission.sqm addOns[]={}) and determines whether the client is kicked.