Sign in to follow this  
farix

I Need Help With the US Support Script

I am a Newbie to ARMA Editing and Scripts. and I just love the looks of the US Reinforcement script : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=83029

I have Tried for about an hour now with no progress. i cannot even get the script to run in the test missions becuase the directions lack any guidance to those who are new to it. I just need to know how to get this script working in the Editor

Thanks...

(Descriptive enough... I used the search nothing thanks mods)

Seriously? Why ask here, if you also asked in the thread you linked too?

Btw the creator has linked to something for newbies in his first post in which you linked to. Have you tried this?

I have scanned that post from page 1 to page 10. yes i have seen that i just need to know where to put all the files , it never says that

Alright, when you make a mission in the editor and save it. A mission folder is created in C:\users\username\documents\arma2 other profiles\your profilename\missions.

Then quote:

= Now paste all the files in you mission folder (meaning another mission created by you in the editor)... ok?

= now lets see u need an object with the line [] exec "lkscripts\support_init.sqf" (Same as my Flag) and you got all my files in you mission folder it should work

= it doesnt matter if its a older mission created by you or a new mission it just needs these 2 things.

Is there anything unclear please specify.

EDIT: i havent tried the script myself. And you are most like better off waiting for a reply in the original thread.

See what happens when we all get along and actually talk to each other instead of making assumptions and razzing people. I feel as if the world just became a better place.. it almost makes me want to cry.

(This will only be here for 10 sec before getting deleted and I get yelled at too)

Well it got me to the point where i can see "SUpport Menue" in the action menu but theirs nothing inside it

From the readme

Instructions:

This is a script package that it will give you diferent options of reinforcements in game.

Instructions:

1. To use the script copy from editor the US Flag (this will execute the scripts and position the HQ)

2. Copy the lkscripts folder

3. Copy the -------US Support---- content from the following files:

briefing.sqf - it contains the briefing AND a important line for adding the menu back after you die

Description.ext - it contains the CfgSounds for tomahawk

init.sqf - it will initialize the briefing and the support menu

Note: dont copy the mision.sqm to your mission folder.

Then go in game and request any support from the |Support Menu|

Did you remember the lkscripts folder?

And this?

= now lets see u need an object with the line [] exec "lkscripts\support_init.sqf"
Edited by Jelliz

Yea i have the s lk scripts folder inside the mission folder , but am i suppose to ahve the contents of that folder into the mission folder ?

Yea i have the s lk scripts folder inside the mission folder , but am i suppose to ahve the contents of that folder into the mission folder ?

No, just copy the folder. Dont extract the content of the folder or rename it.

EDIT: seems the author wrote something wrong here:

= now lets see u need an object with the line [] exec "lkscripts\support_init.sqf"

the correct line would be

nil = execVM "lkscripts\support_init.sqf";

Put this in an objects init line in the editor.

Edited by Jelliz

I have followed all ur steps. but all i am getting ingame is the "Support Menu" from the action menu. I have no options to call anything in

i edited my above post. try the corrected command.

Finally got it. thanks guys

farix

+1 infraction for starting yet another thread for this even though you know that there is a thread for this script already.

Closed too and don't even think about starting another one.