Unfortunately, I touched the fog sliders in the mission editor...:mad:

And now, even if I've got no more reference to fog, even in the mission.sqm file, I've got fog in MP games (hosted or on a dedi) but not in the editor.

For testing, I added radio triggers:

one to display the fog level (hint format["%1", fog])

one to set smoothly the fog to 0 (30 setfog 0)

And, even after the first one tells me that there is no fog, I still have an heavy fog in the environnement.

And the second trigger makes no visual fog change, even with a time reduce to 0 for the changement...:confused:

I exported another simple mission with the same place, date and hour (october 19th, 6 AM), and there's no fog in pusta at this moment of the year.

I've read that fog values can be different on a server and the client, but as I got no input for fog level, how is it possible that I still have fog?!!:confused:

How can I change that?

That problem gave me the idea of adding a fog level option in the MP lobby, and I've got the same result: whatever parameter i set in the lobby, fog levels displayed with the trigger are correct, but no change on the visual fog which is always an heavy fog...

Edited by fleepee

What happens if you first smoothly fog down, then up max, then all the way down again? Reason I ask, is that I suspect you have some rather low visibility range (not the same as fog, but can appear to be the same). Check your graphics setting, and visibility. Or are you using some addons maybe causing bad behavior?

setViewDistance 2000

Now see if your 'fog' is gone. It may be because your testing view distance in single player testing is much higher.

My view distance was set to 1500m, I tried higher values and of course it doesn't change anything.

Idem after I removed the weather module.

Here is what I have with a setfog 1:

http://img43.xooimage.com/views/3/1/2/fog-level-1-1d09d72.jpg/

and for a setfog 0:

http://img45.xooimage.com/views/3/6/a/fog-level-0-1d09d64.jpg/

The visibility is then around 70m...

My mission is addon free, I don't have that problem on any other mission, and it occured after I changed in the editor fog start value and forecast, tested the result in MP, when back to editor to suppress it, that did never work totally.

When I display the fog level on screen, it shows "0", and I still have fog!!!:mad:

Edited by fleepee

Have to see the mission. If it's small enough, just put the contents of the mission.sqm inside spoiler and code tags. Or if it has scripts, just post the .pbo somewhere we can access it. Since it's only in this mission, it has to be there somewhere, right? :)

The mission is not really small, here's the link to OFPEC website:

http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=34965.msg240489#msg240489

I search for "setfog" with armaEdit all scripts (even in the revive folder!) and mission.sqm and find nothing more than the ones I added in the triggers for testing. (radio triggers disabled in the mission uploaded to ofpec)

I repeat, the interesting (?!) thing is that I still have fog when I'm sure the level is at 0 with the hint format ["%1", fog] launched by a radio trigger...

Edited by fleepee
link added

init.sqf

[(paramsArray select 2), "false"] execvm "Grass_Changer\grass_changer.sqf";

setviewDistance (paramsArray select 3);

grass is param 1 and viewdistance is param 2 in your description.ext

you where setting the viewdistance to the respawn timer :D

I'm still laughing!!:rolleyes:

I've spend hours on this!!

As I used a part of another mission to edit that one, and added some new MP parameters, i didn't realized I missed something...

I'm a f.....g idiot!

Thanks a lot!

Glad it got resolved. I have quite a few of those myself.

Shouting: THERE IS NO WAY THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH MY CODE!!! ARRRGH!!! WTF??

A while later, quite weak...: oh crap... :D

Are you using the debugging addon btw? In singleplayer testing, you can write commands on the fly. Such as setViewDistance :) Search for stra_debug if you don't have it. For MP testing, I would have chekced viewdistance by setting it with triggers to see if that had anything to do with it. Since fog reported 0, I was sure it had to be something about viewdistance.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

I did download a debugging addon, but never installed it...:rolleyes:

I just use "-showScriptErrors" in my ARMA2 shortcut.

I tested the viewdistance with its MP lobby parameters, and there was no change of course, as I was changing the grass option!:p

My error was to take a part of my first mission edited for ARMA2, at the time there was just two parameters settable in the lobby, and I mixed it (too fast) with the lattest I'm working on, taking parts of init and description files from both missions.

I must have add a new MP parameter for the lobby and set some fog level and forecast in the same edit session.

So after testing the mission in MP hosted game and on a dedi, I blamed my fog problem only on my actions on the fog sliders, and after a couple of hours, that was sure: I had created a ghost problem!:eek:

Edited by fleepee