Sign in to follow this  
jpinard

Forced drop-off in hot zone

Is there a way I can force a Blackhawk to land in very tight confines under enemy fire? I've spent the last 5 hours trying every combination of waypoint & orders in the editor, but right now they just circle until they inevitably get shot down. Once out of every 20 runs they will land. If possible I'd like to do this without writing a special script, but if not that's OK.

Thanks! :)

It's a known issue that's been around for a looooong time, possibly since OFP. I spent a few days on this and the only solid solution I found was to use a script suite such as Mando Heliroute.

There's a few other solutions round, such as setting captive, forcing careless and green, but I found they're really hit and miss when it comes to success, since even accidental fire from a friendly unit causes a response.

An adaptation of this script would probably work.

By separating the pilot from the rest of the crew, door gunners can still fire upon enemy positions, whilst the pilot 'ignores' incoming fire and lands at his designated LZ.

An adaptation of this script would probably work.

By separating the pilot from the rest of the crew, door gunners can still fire upon enemy positions, whilst the pilot 'ignores' incoming fire and lands at his designated LZ.

"Your Destination" - is that a waypoint you've named?

Thanks for the help all. :)

"Your Destination" - is that a waypoint you've named?

Nope, a position variable. So if you've got a game-logic on the map named "bob", put YOURDESTINATION = getPos bob; in it's init field, or the top of the script, or somewhere where it'll get executed before the script runs.