Sign in to follow this  
anguis

Free Track and FaceTrackNoIR

Hi, folks,

I managed to get Free Track working w/ OFP a while back, using reflective tape and a cap. It didn't work well consistently, but I remember definitely getting it working, in-game. Unfortunately, I can't remember how to do it, anymore. I had an OFP profile (which has disappeared over the course of an upgrade to the software, unfortunately), but I'm not sure if it's one I made or one provided by a community member.

I have a renewed interest in seeing this work - over in the Arma2 forums, there is a post relating the availability of a webcam based input for Free Track that removes the need for a cap and LED/reflective tape, FaceTrackNoIR (I've managed to get this working, but I'm not sure how to confirm Free Track is picking up its inputs).

Has anyone else managed to get Free Track working w/ OFP? Do you remember how? I did a search, but it's returning more results than I have time to sift through, right now (I can't remember if my initial work on this was in response to a post here or in the Arma1 or 2 forums).

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate the help.

Thanks!

@Anguis

I've only heard of TrackIR, this is new to me. Check out Dslyexci's (ShackTactical) video on TrackIR with ArmaII...seems to work very well.

Hi, Zulu,

Well, the current version is new to me, too - I might as well have never used it myself. I can't remember how I got it working! But, I did, so I'll just have to work through it, again. The FaceTrackNoIR program is pretty neat - I can see it tracking my head, with no need for headgear and playing in the dark. Here are the pertinent links:

FreeTrack

FaceTrackNoIR Arma2 forum post

Update: Got freeTRack working again, fairly smoothly this time. I don't think FaceTRackNoIR will work with OFP as it does w/ Arma2, b/c I think FTNoIR is looking for something built into Arma2. I'm using a ballcap w/ a big square of reflective tape. Now, I just have to figure out how to enable FT only when I hit the ALT key.

Edited by Anguis
Update