Sign in to follow this  
ray243

CBU-97 Sensor fuzed weapon in Arma 2?

I'm not too sure if this goes into scripts or addons.....So if I am wrong, can a mod move this to the correct place?

The thing I am talking about, is that. A smart cluster bomb. Right now, I'm not too sure if it is possible for it to break into tiny canisters in mid-air, open up a parachute, and dispersing the projectiles, and allow it to lock on to a target.

And I think the only way is to have some bomb, with mines attached to it, and a parachute attached to it. the hard part is where the skids fire up their rocket motor and independently find and destroy the targets.

I have no experience in scripting, so I think this is close to impossible to work in Arma 2. WHat are your thoughts?

So I have to make a post and close this thread?

CBU-97 actions are quite script intense. You can get about the same effect as the SADARM being added to a Cluster Bomb.....the thing is there's only been one proper cluster bomb released back in ArmA 1 that actually had cluster bomb pop open and bomblets released....problem with it though (from personal experience of making a CBU-87) is that in order to get the proper effect you have to drop something like the CBU-97 from pretty high up and not many players would know to do this. As it is with the AT_Rockeye and my CBU-87 is that you need to drop them above 125 altitude and even if it locks to a target the bomblets latency in spawning make it not so accurate and the pilot has to compensate for the azimuth of the bomblets.

CBU-97 SFW's are pretty cool, but as complex and deadly as they are...its difficult to script properly and can be difficult to implement into gameplay.

However you can sample the CBU-87's soon as I'll be releasing them to the Public next week.

Amazing sir, thanks for replying!

• Like 1

Note that I've since decide to wait till around the 4th of July, should be enough time to test it with Arrowhead and make sure things work

• Like 1