Sign in to follow this  
longers2010

How do i get LGBS to go on target ?

Im in the A-10, got some GBU-12D/B Paveway missiles and i have an FAC operator on the ground who has lased a target...

when i click fire the bombs just freefall and don't lock on to the target, why is this ?

Im using latest version of mando missile mod, not sure if this makes a difference or not ?

you need to manually lock the laser target. (tab)

i think.

edit: oh wait, mando.. then im not sure.

Ha, yes there is very much a difference. The FAC (if he's human) must transmit once he's lasered the target. You must have your camera or HUD set to detect Remote laser targets. Then use whichever Mando key is needed to lock the target before firing, be it right click, tab etc.

i've just got an ai FAC guy who is grouped with me who is lazing the target, a little red outline appears around the target but no matter what mando hud i select tab doesn't seem to lock on like it does for the sidewinders etc.

the mando hud modes for the A-10 are as follows

"Navigation"

"Air - AIM9"

"AGM65" (what im using for locking on with the sidewinders)

"AGM65 (Ground)"

What one should i be using for the GBU 12's ?

The FAC (if he's human) must transmit once he's lasered the target

ok thinking about it maybe this could be the problem, i remember when i was lasing targets for an AI chopper there was the option "transmit MMA target" or something like that, im assuming because i am using the AI to lase targets they can't do this step ?

If this is the issue (and i've no idea if it is tbh) then is there anyway of getting around this other than using a human player to lase the target ?

Even a FAC unit outside of your squad will lase if he sees an aircraft. Same goes the other way. Add a LGB plane in the air and put yourself on the ground - not grouped with plane - start lasing and wait. The plane will drop where you lase.

If this is the issue (and i've no idea if it is tbh) then is there anyway of getting around this other than using a human player to lase the target ?

Unsure, probably best asking Mando in his own thread.

Even a FAC unit outside of your squad will lase if he sees an aircraft. Same goes the other way. Add a LGB plane in the air and put yourself on the ground - not grouped with plane - start lasing and wait. The plane will drop where you lase.

yeah i can lase targets myself no problems, and the AI lases the targets ok as well... but the gbu 12's are still not locking on and im starting to think it's because of what i mentioned in my previous post, ie there is a specific mando command you have to give as an FAC operator for the GBU's to work.

im sure in vanilla arma what you said would work fine, seems it's maybe mando related :cool:

Have you tried looking into the command orders for the unit who is lasing???

Make sure he is in your squad, once he is lasing see if there is an option in the radio menu (under actions heading, number 6 i think). See if there is an option to transmit.