Sign in to follow this  
ohally

SImple IED Script

OK here is how I got it to work as a IED.

Make a trigger:

axis:8x8

activation: anything but a civilian

present

once

name:trig1

Condition:

on act:

Create a civilian car

Name: car1

initialization:

when whoever you have set in the trigger to activate gets within 8 meters, "Kaboom!"

I'm a complete noob to not only the edior but scripting and I couldn't get this to work. It seems like writing trig1 attachto [car1,[0,0,0]] in the init of the car wouldn't place the conditions of the trigger on the car. I could only get it to work if i Placed the trigger over the car, which I don't want to do in order to avoid having triggers cluttering the map. Any idea what I could be doing wrong? I only have OA if that makes any difference...

I'm a complete noob to not only the edior but scripting and I couldn't get this to work. It seems like writing trig1 attachto [car1,[0,0,0]] in the init of the car wouldn't place the conditions of the trigger on the car. I could only get it to work if i Placed the trigger over the car, which I don't want to do in order to avoid having triggers cluttering the map. Any idea what I could be doing wrong? I only have OA if that makes any difference...

Here's a couple of demos using attachto and triggers.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7mlggg

Pasted it in a folder in missions, won't work because it depends on content that has been deleted?

You can just open the mission.sqm and delete these two lines which look like this "ca_modules_functions"

Other than that I don't know.

Ok, I edited that mission and now I can see everything. Although its interesting how you got the suitcase to attach to the bombers hand, it still doesn't attach the trigger (which makes the explosion) to the bomber

No but you will find the carbomb trigger is attached to the car, it's in the cars init

cartrig attachto [carbomber,[0,0,0]];

Edited by F2k Sel