Sign in to follow this  
CarlGustaffa

How to generate new sound classes...

...utilizing the already existing sound files located in any vanilla "addon"?

Description.ext:

class CfgSounds
{
class incomming05
{
	name = "incomming05";
	sound[] = {"\ca\soundmissions\counterattack\incomming01.ogg", db+20, 1.0, 160};
	titles[]={};
};
class incomming06
{
	name = "incomming06";
	sound[] = {"\ca\missions\Scenarios\counterattack\incomming02.ogg", db+20, 1.0, 160};
	titles[]={};
};
class incomming07
{
	name = "incomming07";
	sound[] = {"\sounds\incomming03.ogg", db+20, 1.0, 160};
	titles[]={};
};
};

incomming05 and 06 doesn't work, but incomming07 works since it is local to the mission. So it's not a problem with the sound format. But I don't want that in order to save mission size.

Since other paths to existing resources work, i.e. "\CA\warfare2\Images\rank_private.paa", why can't I make sounds work?

Any ideas?

DePBO the addons and put the sounds in your mission folder.

Oh and btw. the sounds from BIS are in *.wss format ;)

Most sounds are, yesh, but oddly enough tnot these :)

Yes I could, but the whole point was to avoid that.

Time to bump this. Does anyone know how to utilize sound resources (just as we do for graphical resources) without having to copying it into the mission?

Any devs perhaps? If not possible, could it be made possible in OA or some future patch?

And why don't you want to DePBO the sounds.pbo and put the sounds in your mission folder?

Mission size.

It's already 20MB due to having to copy many samples both from sounds.pbo and dubbing.pbo (radio voices), and I'm only 1/4 done :S Description.ext at 37k, which cannot be avoided (since I need to redefine some stuff). Including new and fresh samples I don't have a problem with, and I choose myself how much I "need" to have. But samples already present by the system (much unused) should not be required to have also in the mission.

For multiplayer, a mission this big won't happen. Why? Due to, well, size :) You try joining a session playing a 20MB mission.