Sign in to follow this  
kevaskous

Server Syncing

I don't even know where to start, i have limited time during the weekdays.

Basically I want to automatically sync a few mods to my server, and make it so Yoma can sync from my server, to the people who play on it. My server is a Ubuntu Server Edition 64 bit, also how do i make my server run beta patches.

The mods I wish to have my server automatically update is ACE2 and Zeus AI. Dunno if that helps any?

Any help or information would be appreciated, still having no luck with this.

Look around for Yoma tutorials, or send a PM to Yoma himself, this isn't exactly relative to ArmA 2, more modding / external software.

There's a lot of info over here:

http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater_Suite+Linux

Personally - I modified the rsync script by Dr.Pulp to fit my needs

Link to the original Dr.Pulp script is found on url above.

Think you can help me with that a bit i am trying to follow this but all the script does is error out entirely.

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

Nevermind seems i figured it out, much thanks.

Hmmm....now I just need to know how to use a beta patch server side?

Hmmm....now I just need to know how to use a beta patch server side?
You can't - the beta releases are built for Windows only.

(You can of course load the beta mod folder with the Linux server executable, but you won't get any engine improvements that may exist in the Windows beta arma2server.exe)

(You can of course load the beta mod folder with the Linux server executable, but you won't get any engine improvements that may exist in the Windows beta arma2server.exe)

Hello! Killswitch, can you explain, what does it mean, where beta mod folder will replaced to arma2 folder?

Hello! Killswitch, can you explain, what does it mean, where beta mod folder will replaced to arma2 folder?
What I meant is this:

If you install one of the ArmA II betas on your Windows machine, a mod folder called "beta" will be created. You could transfer that folder to your Linux server and start the Linux server with

-mod=beta

That won't actually update the server program to the same level as the Windows beta releases, but you would get the fixes (if any) that are present within the addons of the beta mod folder. (The current beta has two addons in there - hotfix.pbo and ui.pbo)