Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

Help with html and the like

I have a few questions, which need answering, or else i cant do my project sad.gif

1) Can I set a background image through an external style sheet? If yes, how do I do it

2) Can I use XML/XSSL to display images? Again, how?

3) If using multiple frames, can I tell the CSS of frame A to open ALL links in frame B, or do I have to do this in the actual html of frame A

1) Yes, I beleive you can, try downloading Topstyle, it's a CSS editor that works fine with Homesite, the best HTML editor out there.

2) Can't help you on that one, sorry.

3) definately, just use it to set a "basetarget"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wreck-It @ April 16 2002,23:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1) Yes, I beleive you can, try downloading Topstyle, it's a CSS editor that works fine with Homesite, the best HTML editor out there.

2) Can't help you on that one, sorry.

3) definately, just use it to set a "basetarget"<span id='postcolor'>

1) not allowed to use "wysiwyg" tools, has to be by hand.

you reckon</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">IMG {background: src=pic.jpg;}<span id='postcolor'> is correct or near enough?

3)do you mean something like </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> A {basetarget: frame B;} <span id='postcolor'>

?

Just use wysiwyg and then extracy to .html or.htm

Coolpage rules get it.

i think the best prog for it is Dreamweaver 4 and macromedia based products, you can download the trial here:Macromedia