Sign in to follow this  
cleggy

material editor in O2 - how?

Possibly I'm being an idiot here but ...

If i understand correctly I should be able to open the material editor in O2, create a primitive, apply my spanky new rvmat/texture and lean back and admire my work.

Problem is, I cannot see how to start the material editor within O2.

Have I mis-understood what the material editor can do or just missing the obvious?

hmm, can't say I have ever opened up the Material Editor in O2, you can open it up seperately, the .exe for it should be in the Oxygen 2PE folder wherever you installed the tools to. For example mines in.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\Oxygen 2 Personal Edition

You could open it there and edit away and apply that to the model using the face properties button.

You will need to make the textures for the material editor to use, so an NOHQ, SMDI, and AS map. Might be best to have a look at other units RVMATs and see what they look like and what you will need.

If u only apply a texture and a rvmat u have to mark the model parts and press "E".

I have another Question with this theme, hope my bad english can explain it: How can i set which "Stuff" an Objekt have, i mean if it´s concrete,wood,steel and so on. Need this for my Projekt, where i have custom Hit Effekts but my own Objekts always act like grass or Earth. Thought that is an Material too, but there maybe is another word for it. Also i thought that is a setting within the O2.

@cleggy: you just have to apply your texture and rvmat to the faces.

@baraka: go in the firegeoLod, mark the parts you want to assing the material to, choose faceproperties, choose rvmat in ca/data/penetration

...remember you have to have components in firegeoLod.

hope that helped

@cleggy: you just have to apply your texture and rvmat to the faces.

@baraka: go in the firegeoLod, mark the parts you want to assing the material to, choose faceproperties, choose rvmat in ca/data/penetration

...remember you have to have components in firegeoLod.

hope that helped

Thank you Beton! I never thought that´s the way. Had a lot of headache with this! :yay:

Thanks for the replies guys.

@StalkerGB

Hi, mate. Glad to see you've got time to look at my problems!

Yes, I can open the material editor.exe but if I try and create a primitive - a box (for example) and apply my texture/rvmat just to see how it looks - it says "cleggy, I'm just a client you dope, you need to open the material in O2"

-that's my problem, right there.

@Baraka/Beton

Glad to see we are solving somebody's problems anyway:)

Hi cleggy...

don´t know if your problem is solved meanwhile.

Why do you want to use the material editor to apply a texture to a box?

Try this:

1. create a box in oxigen

2. select all

3. go to faces - face properties

4. in textures select your texture

5. in material select your rvmat

6. apply

7. deselect and start viewer

8. lay back and admire your work...:)

hope that helped and i didn´t miss your problem

Hi cleggy...

don´t know if your problem is solved meanwhile.

Try this:

2. select all

6. apply

8. lay back and admire your work...:)

hope that helped and i didn´t miss your problem

really appreciate.

can you explain more,For that I have a problem with nohq texture,or how to delete nohq texture And re-save again?

Thanks for the replies guys.

@StalkerGB

Hi, mate. Glad to see you've got time to look at my problems!

Yes, I can open the material editor.exe but if I try and create a primitive - a box (for example) and apply my texture/rvmat just to see how it looks - it says "cleggy, I'm just a client you dope, you need to open the material in O2"

-that's my problem, right there.

@Baraka/Beton

Glad to see we are solving somebody's problems anyway:)

Always glad to help out :)

Hmm, I would have though trying the method Beton has listed might work (and get the same result).

Try this:

2. select all

6. apply

8. lay back and admire your work...

If that isnt what you were trying to do or doesnt work for some reason, it might be worth taking pictures of each step you do and posting the up here so we can see how you have been trying to do it. I can't say I have seen/heard of the error you get but it might just be my memory needs jogging.

EDIT: If you create a box then select it and click on the little green triangle it should bring up the face properties where you can select the RVMAT and texture.

cleggys.jpg

Big Massive Large

@Kheiro,

In face properties, selecting a material will allow you to pick the RVMAT you want to use, the face properties sections doesnt allow you to change NOHQ, AS and SMDI maps.

For that you need to find the RVMAT that contains the NOHQ you want to change and open up the RVMAT.

There should be a pathname to the texture like:

"P:\My Mod\data\My_NOHQ.paa" (or something like that)

If you have made a new NOHQ under a diffierent name you need to change the pathname so that it leads to your new NOHQ.

If you have made a new NOHQ but it is called the same as the original AND it is in the same place as the original then you shouldn't need to change anything.

Hope that helps a bit.

Edited by STALKERGB

Dear STALKERGB Excellent interpretation,Thank you for your help.

Sorry guys, I'm not explaining this correctly.

@beton

Because I want a quick way of previewing my rvmat without messing around with a complex model getting in the way.

Perhaps I should post some screen shots of what I'm talking about as STALKERGB suggested - but try this:

Open your favourite rvmat in the material editor.exe:

then go to view menu/primitive/create

You should get the error message I'm on about! - what does it mean?

If the function isn't supported why is it there?

As I see it you should be able to open the material editor in O2 as you do the UV editor of gizmo mapper - create a primitive and preview your rvmat.