Sign in to follow this  
Sintacks

Alienware M17x...

I'm using that EVGA SLI profile install but not sure if it actually does anything. I still feel like Arma 2 isn't really using my vid cards as much as it should. It's the only game where the fans dont kick on in high gear. There's also an Nvidia version of an SLI profile but I'm not even sure which one I should be using. I agree, hopefully with the new expansion, they'll improve support for more hardware.

If you're not sure if SLI is working, you can always go into the nVidia Control Panel and turn on the SLI indicator to make sure. For me SLI versus non-SLI makes a huge difference. The game is nigh unplayable with non-SLI on my current settings, but much smoother with SLI.

Also, GPU-wise, you're right, this game is not super taxing on the GPU. Utilization is probably around maybe 50-60% at any given time on both GPUs in SLI. This game mainly grinds the CPU more than anything, with all the AI scripts running.

If you're not sure if SLI is working, you can always go into the nVidia Control Panel and turn on the SLI indicator to make sure. For me SLI versus non-SLI makes a huge difference. The game is nigh unplayable with non-SLI on my current settings, but much smoother with SLI.

Also, GPU-wise, you're right, this game is not super taxing on the GPU. Utilization is probably around maybe 50-60% at any given time on both GPUs in SLI. This game mainly grinds the CPU more than anything, with all the AI scripts running.

That's what I have heard about the CPU/GPU usage. I tried the SLI indicator. I suppose it is using it but probably not to it's(my) best advantage.