Sign in to follow this  
IceFire

Why is mission editor

I place many hinds in a line all facing north.

I put myself south of them facing them.

They are all horizontally facing north in a line.

All in mission editor.

What happens when I preview it? They are all around and behind me even, and then I get killed because they shoot me.

This is not what I told it to do.

What is wrong with this?

Are they grouped together? if they are, they are going to try to get back into their assigned formation.

No no, this is right at beginning. They are hinds on the ground, they are immediately in wrong places.

Moving...

I think you placed the choppers too close to eachother....thus OFP detects the possible clipping that might occur and places them a bit further apart.

do they have a blue line attached? if they do then that means they are in a squad if that is true then double click ever unit to edit and go type. none ( i think it should be already In Formation) if not the zoom in and zoom out using keypad + and keypad -

If they are grouped you can tell them to stay not in formation by switching the field "special" from "in formation" to "none"

yea rasta is definitely right, whenever you want to place units at a certain spot MAKE SURE "in formation" is off, else it will put them in whatever the default formation is, usually a wedge. also be sure that the choppers arent too close together like what was mentioned...