Sign in to follow this  
martin_hucke

Weird fillout popup before playing

Hi to all...

well i have version 1.00 (lol) and i played a map that came with original OFP. the thing is that we played once very fine but

when my friend connected.. every was still fine but i started the map and he got a popup window, saying GAME IN PROGRESS and in the window were blank spaces to insert NAME NICK ICQ EMAIL SQUAD etc.. WHY!?!?!?!

we tried like 10 times and the same thing happend

I TRIED TO CONNECT TO HIS GAME and same happend with me! (we tried both sides , i mean me host, and then him the host)

thanks

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">when my friend connected.. every was still fine but i started the map and he got a popup window, saying GAME IN PROGRESS <span id='postcolor'>

You cannot connect to game that is already running. Your friend has to connect to you while you are waiting in "Server setup" screen.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">well i have version 1.00 (lol) and i played a map that came with original OFP. <span id='postcolor'>

If you want to play multiplayer, I would strongly suggest you upgrade to at least version 1.30 (or better upgrade to latest version 1.46). There were many multiplayer bugs fixed and multiplayer code improved since 1.00.

To upgrade from version 1.00 you need to get upgrades to 1.20, 1.30, 1.46. They are available on our download page and also on many gaming magazine cover CDs.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You cannot connect to game that is already running. Your friend has to connect to you while you are waiting in "Server setup" screen.

<span id='postcolor'>

Another thing is host has to wait for other players while sitting in the briefing screen. It may take a while before initial status of the world is transferred - you should wait until the other player is green or yellow in list of player. Never press start while the other player is red - as he is not able to start with you yet. If you will download the upgrades mentioned above, you will get warning in this situation.

Should I let you whack him over the head for his failure to read the other 1000 posts about this, or should I do the honors? biggrin.gif

Ok. people.. lol.. im not like a newbie.. i know that there are patches and that.. the thing is that i have 33.6 modem and im too lazy to dl em.

i ment that.. i did this thing

first.. put the server.. I WAIIIIIIITED AND THE GUY CAME

2. i pulled him to a empty case..

3. assigned him and me a unit from avaliable

4. pressed START GAME... THE HOST COULD PLAY but the invited one got that popup...

NOTE: THE FIRST TIME WE TRIED.. WE COULD PLAY.. but we got killed.. after that.. we couldnt play anymore coz that popup

"insert NAME NICK ICQ EMAIL SQUAD" - This is the "player/waiting" screen. You see this when you connect to a server which is already running a mission. It also occurs when a player has NOT selected any "slot". First you will need to select a side. Then, as you progress to the next screen, every player must choose a specific slot. This is something like "LAW soldier" or "Officer". If you do not select a slot in any of these screens, you will not be assigned to any position and thus cannot play, and will be redirected to the "player/waiting" screen.